Main Street Taxi Concord

Status
Not open for further replies.

geoff5093

Does anyone else monitor this frequency? It's part of a trunking system, but I had thought it was just for the Concord area. I've driven throughout NH and I can hear it very clearly on my mobile scanner in Goffstown, and today I was coming back from the Seacoast and I could here it almost the entire way. It seems like it's only Concord because I only hear them given out Concord area streets and landmarks. Do they use a multiple repeater system that they share with other businesses?

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
Main St Taxi, Concord

The trunked system is on Fort Mountain (Fort Hill) in Epsom. So the coverage is pretty good all over Southern NH.

From what I've been able to figure out about the Industrial Wireless 900MHz TRS, it's a Type II system, and each user on the system (i.e Flightline, Main St. Taxi, School Busses, etc) has access to three tower sites. I'm not sure if the TG's always appear on all three sites, or if it's like a SmartZone system, where it will do that only if there is a radio for that TG associated with that site. Also, it appears that they have coverage throughout most of New England (and Florida).

Status
Not open for further replies.