Maine has a lot to offer, where is everyone??

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriscoal

I visit the Norway/Paris area 2 or 3 times a year. I always bring my bc95 with me. I have the Oxford County RCC programmed . I also have the local repeater for state police on there. It actually can be quite busy up there. More so than i thought it would be.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
I visit the Norway/Paris area 2 or 3 times a year. I always bring my bc95 with me. I have the Oxford County RCC programmed . I also have the local repeater for state police on there. It actually can be quite busy up there. More so than i thought it would be.

the scanner is never quiet here! EVER

BlackSheepDue

What are good frequencies to scan in coastal Washington County?

Well there really isn't much in Washington county in terms of scanning but depending on where you are you may get some of Hancock county or neighboring counties in Canada. If you have a digital scanner you can listen to state police zone 3. If you don't have digital scanner you can program the closest conventional simulcast frequency

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
What are good frequencies to scan in coastal Washington County?
ahh Good Old Washington County. You have the normal county dispatch, you might have some luck with Boston and Moncton ARTCC channels. If you have a digital scanner you have state police, the navy system at Cutler, a P25 System thats used by Nova Scotia/PEI area.

ki6asp

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. Have a 436 so I'll be able to scan all of those services. Need to install my discone.

BlackSheepDue

Well if you have a 436 I would just use the full database at first and mess with the range to see what you can pick up then set things up how you like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Septa3371CSX1

ahh Good Old Washington County. You have the normal county dispatch, you might have some luck with Boston and Moncton ARTCC channels. If you have a digital scanner you have state police, the navy system at Cutler, a P25 System thats used by Nova Scotia/PEI area.

When I visited relatives in Eastport last summer I was able to pick up the Canadian Maritimes P25 system for a few sites in NB and even NS the one morning along with conventional repeaters for NB EMS and RCMP. Also on that same morning I picked up Saint John's 800 MHz Motorola system. Marine band was also fairly active - especially channel 14 which was being used by the Deer Island - Campobello Island ferry.

Status
Not open for further replies.