Maine/Quebec Border area

Status
Not open for further replies.

lost_in_maine

Hi All...I just bought a place about 60 miles from the Maine Border with Quebec...Any good border towns or Border Patrol freqs that would be good to have? (I don't speak French)
I do have a little bit of elevation so should be able to hear that far

I did hear the US Border Patrol Repeater the other day from SugarLoaf Mtn on 163.625, but sure their must be others
What about on the Canadian Side? Do both Customs agencies communicate with each other, or is that just landline?

I do have Win96, so a P96 file would do nicely

wa2ciq

lost_in_maine said:
Hi All...I just bought a place about 60 miles from the Maine Border with Quebec...

Kee Beck eh? You buy a place near Jackman?

PS Thanks for the border patrol frequency!

lost_in_maine

wa2ciq said:
Kee Beck eh? You buy a place near Jackman?

PS Thanks for the border patrol frequency!

No...actually New Portland, between Farmington, and Kingfield...right on Rte 27
I bought my Pro-96 with me, and has added all the county dispatches from the RR import
I was getting good reception with just a j-pole indoors..can't wait till I get something up on the roof

wa2ciq

ok... nice country out there. Did you ever hear any Skowhegan police on the scanner there. I dont get them here.

lost_in_maine

I don't think I have them programmed in, do they dispatch for themselves,
or is it by Somerset County?

To tell you the truth, I been so busy driving back and forth, moving stuff up there, painting, cleaning etc...I haven't had a lot of time to look @ the Alpha Tags to see who I was hearing

But been able to hear Oxford, Somerset, Franklin, Kennebec, Piscataquis, County dispatch centers and some EMS traffic well....Not bad for an indoor antenna

We won't be officially moved in until April 1st, taking a week before, we do for a trip to Aruba for a week...by then I will be burnt out, and will need it!
Doug

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
wa2ciq said:
ok... nice country out there. Did you ever hear any Skowhegan police on the scanner there. I dont get them here.

155.565 is Skowhegan Dispatch (Police)

wa2ciq

Yeah... an outdoor antenna would do wonders. I use just Pro-2017 with the indoor antenna. Going to be hard mounting an antenna this spring. My extension ladder went out from underneath me when I was cleaning snow off the roof. Ladder is useless now. Good luck on the moving, thats never any fun, but if I remember, youre moving from high population to very low population. Welcome to the woods of Maine!

lost_in_maine

wa2ciq said:
Yeah... an outdoor antenna would do wonders. I use just Pro-2017 with the indoor antenna. Going to be hard mounting an antenna this spring. My extension ladder went out from underneath me when I was cleaning snow off the roof. Ladder is useless now. Good luck on the moving, thats never any fun, but if I remember, youre moving from high population to very low population. Welcome to the woods of Maine!

I don't pass papers till 4/1, so the person I'm buying from had somebody come and clear the roof for me...I lucked out...Yeah i have to buy a ladder now too...lol..gave mine away...for now just gonna stick a tripod in a snowbank and stick a scantenna on it...hopefully by then the weather will break, and we get some melting...there was about 2 feet of white on the ground the other day when I was there
Later

wa2ciq

lost_in_maine said:
I don't pass papers till 4/1, so the person I'm buying from had somebody come and clear the roof for me...I lucked out...Yeah i have to buy a ladder now too...lol..gave mine away...for now just gonna stick a tripod in a snowbank and stick a scantenna on it...hopefully by then the weather will break, and we get some melting...there was about 2 feet of white on the ground the other day when I was there
Later

Thanks for the ANG freq list!
Probably another 2 months before the snow is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.