Maine SP Region Freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1dqham

Premium Subscriber
The Region rebroadcast of SP Augusta dispatch from Ossipee Mtn. 172.425 MHz seems to be down. Any info?

mainetrunk

They did the same thing to the mount Aggie freq, which is now a state net. I remember hearing the test.. They're still keying up on it now and then.. Keep an ear open, it may come to life with a new entity...
thanks for noticing...

k1dqham

Premium Subscriber
I've been listening to this FM analog channel on 172.425 since the new P25 system went live. It just went quiet a couple of days ago. No signals heard, analog or digital. I though this channel was to allow local depts w/o P25 capability to monitor the SP dispatch.

mainetrunk

Well, South berwick dispatch was 1 of the few that had no p25capabilities , so they heard the analog channel. Now that radio techs have been running around selling the p25 capable radio's, no one needs the analog channel.. Since Sanford took over as rcc, the town cops have their p25 scanners in the car.. So, no need for analog.. They got a plan, that's for sure.. Good luck with it

k1dqham

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I started receiving analog traffic on that channel mid-day. I guess it was down for maintenance.

mainetrunk

10-4.. It gave me a chance to review every license they got... I still find it interesting, 172.425 is licensed for digital, trunk, and it's analog.. Makes you wonder what other typos are in the fcc...

garys

Premium Subscriber
I had to drive to Portland and back last night and saw this several times. It's tagged as "Ossippe MTN SP" on my SDS200.

172.425 pl 162.2 just checked in.
Well... That's cool..

garys

Premium Subscriber
That tag comes from the Scan-NE Wiki for MSCOMMNET, so that's why I use it. I spent countless hours programming the whole system in even though I never go further north than Freeport.

mainetrunk

2 seconds later, it comes back to life..
I been monitoring it for days!!! And the minute I post that it is down, it comes back to life!!
Timing.
Geeeshhhh, that urks me...

Status
Not open for further replies.