Maine Warden Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobstah_Guy

So I've been watching the new series on Animal Planet about the Maine Warden Service
called "North Woods Law".

Does anyone have a list of unit numbers that are used by the wardens. I looked on the
MWS website and it has a map of their districts, but it is very small and hard to read
(at least with my old eyes).

I'm down here in Old Orchard Beach, so I'm listening on 155.97 and have the other
freqs listed in the database entered also.

Adenosine

Warden Service is 2100's. The map you were looking at has the areas for the supervising Sgts. not the unit numbers.

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
If the show is an accurate representation of their regular operations, they use cell phones A LOT.

I think that's for officer safety reason. Because of scannerland. A lot hunters own scanners and if they hold a grudge against a Warden and yea...

Lobstah_Guy

Maine game wardens

If the show is an accurate representation of their regular operations, they use cell phones A LOT.

Yeah, it sure seems that they use their cellphones more than the radios.

From down here in OOB, I haven't heard much at all on the freqs that
are published here on R/R.

RobKB1FJR

Premium Subscriber
I noticed half the time they don't carry HTs and other times they do. One would think they would at least want their HTs with them since they are dealing with armed subjects at times.

Also in rural parts of Maine the game wardens sometimes are the only law enforcement presence for hours.

I can understand the use of phones since they aren't usually first responders and lack of radio traffic.

Adenosine

I’ve got them plugged in with zilch so far for results. I should have something, I’m right on top of one of their main offices. Basically, MDT’s and cells prob consist of 99% of comms.

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
There dispatched by the SP Comm Centers. you won't hear much on there channels listed here. Those are mostly TA(Talk-Around) channels

Status
Not open for further replies.