Major Brush Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
Since last night UFA, SLC Fire and Wild Lands have been working a brush fire at about 8000w and I-201 in the Salt Lake Valley. The fire is on Kennecott land.

They are currently working on
Fire TAC 7 (TG: 21376)
Fire Tac 8 (TG: 21408)

Last night their primary was FIre 2 (TG: 21248). I have not copied any traffic on 2 yet today so they may have released it overnight.

Utah_Viper

Yes this was a awesome fire. I was in that area about 10 mins after the thing really started moving. Seems to have been started from the Magna fireworks show. I did not have my camera, but did grab a pic from my girlfriends cell phone. We were west bound on U201 so only about 50 feet from the fire. Good 15-20 foot flames.

untitled.jpg

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
Nice shot! Too bad you didn't have a better camera with you.

I had thought about checking it out but I was on the South end of the valley when it broke...

Traffic has been interesting to listen to. I am surprised that there hasn't been any air support, but maybe the units are ties up on other fires.

Utah_Viper

i am the girl friend :) and i was telling Damon, that we needed the camera but every time we left the house we forgot it. we were at a parking lot about to light our fire works but the wind was so bad, but its even worse thats when they were waiting 45 min for the key holder of Kennecott's gate to get there. the fire would have been out if the guards shack would have had the proper key.

Status
Not open for further replies.