Major BurlCo PD Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
Burlington Co. will be making major changes to the police talkgroups. The zone designations (NC, NW, etc) will go away. Each PD primary TG will be known by its P designation (NE P-7 becomes P-7). The other TGs for the zones will go away (PZB, Events, etc). Four PZB TG's will be created from the exisiting CW PD TGs. PZB1: 16208; PZB 2: 16240; PZB 3: 16272; PZB 4: 16304. The old P-32 (18128) will become CW Inquiry 3. The old P-40 (18160) will become P-12 and will be used by Medford (25) and Medford Lakes (37) as they will come off of P-8. The old P-31 (18768) will become P-14 for future use. Bank A will contain the primary TGs, Bank B will contain the county wide TGs and Bank C will contain the analog simplex and WAR channels. The reasoning for this is so the departments only have to buy 48 channel radios (HT-1500s?). Chesterfield (26) has moved from P-4 to P-7 (17520). Fire and EMS will not be making these changes. Fort Dix Fire (23760) has been renamed JBMDL F1 and Fort Dix EMS (23824) has been renamed JBMDL F2. These are the 2 fire channels for the Joint Base and are patched into the Air Force trunked system. They do not cover the Lakehurst side of the base.

w2xq

Mentor
Source and change date? I look at the Burlco hit count of the past three weeks. At first glance it kinda seems to me most of the business of the public safety radio is done on a dozen or so channels. Thanks.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
Source is very highly reliable. I'll leave it at that. Reprogramming is expected to start in January.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I like the consolidation. It will definetly make programming a lot simpler. There are so many unused talk groups for each zone now and they already trimmed it down once before. It was an elabrate layout in the beginning but complete over kill as someone is realizing now.

Quite a crowd on P-8, that needed to happen the last time around, a seperate channel for Medford and the Lakes. Thanks for the heads up. Keep the updates coming.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
Other than what's in the original post, there will be no TG changes, i.e. NC P-3 becomes P-3 and remains at TG 16848. There are no plans right now to move Maple Shade onto P-10. And yes I will be extremely happy that I won't have listen to the P22 units.

wnjl

What will become of Burlington Township's makeshift "TAC band" aka North PZB 2? Will it be moving to one of the countywide PZB talkgroups?

jeff

Premium Subscriber
I stand corrected for Maple Shade, there are no plans to move them onto P-11. As for N PZB 2, that will go away, they'll have to use another TG.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Will these changes be coming Jan 1? I'm wondering how long before I don't have to hear 25 units while traveling through evesham daily.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
The radios will be reprogrammed starting Jan 3, I have no timetable for the changeover. The radio techs estimate it might take up to 6 months to get all the units completed.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Have the all the other changes mentioned in the first post taken effect yet? Just wondering what needs to be changed as of now. Thanks again for the heads up!

w2xq

Mentor
In the last 30 minutes I'm seeing TGID affiliations on this control channel -- 870D Zone 4 (Medford)

Neighbors shown are zones 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, and 9.

Last edited:

jeff

Premium Subscriber
The county wanted to get Medford & Medford Lakes to P-12 quickly, they were the first two depts to get radios reprogrammed. They'll be working their way thru the rest, but there's a lot of radios out there. Each officer has their own portable. P-12 is affiliating with the West and Northwest zones continuosly and notably the North zone, where P-8 and the old P-25 rarely did. Maybe that's left over when P-12 was North P-40.

Last edited:

w2xq

Mentor
Ah, I was debugging the log that produced the TGIDs I posted above. Something's not right. While I had the right zones, the control frequencies aren't correct and there is only one match in the TGIDs (probably random, who knows) to the known TGIDs in the RR db.. Sorry about that. Reset, rewind...

Status
Not open for further replies.