Major flooding many rescues in Davidson co. Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.

junk250

I don't know where to post an "alert" but there is major flooding happening now in Nashville, 100's trapped in fast water, rescuers calling for rescue.

A dozen occupied buildings suspect to collapse.

Sounds pretty bad.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
My prayers are with you good folks in the Nashville area as im seeing horrible weather in your area...Hope you guys keep safe....

XTS3000

After reading news reports, many are referring to this flooding as "historic".

It looks like things are gonna dry out somewhat this week, but even a week of dry weather will not bring down all the flooded rivers and creeks. What a MESS!!!

spud05

Flooding

For those that don't live near here (Nashville), but want to see how crazy this flooding is, several news sites are streaming live footage and have past video and pictures

Channel 2: WKRN, Nashville, Tennessee News, Weather, and Sports | - Home
or mms://a1374.l542545373.c5425.n.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1374/5425/v0001/reflector:45373%20

Channel 4: Nashville News, Tennessee News and Local Weather from WSMV 4 News -video not working for me right now

Channel 5: NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports - Home
or mms://a969.l1374742768.c13747.n.lm.akamaistream.net/D/969/13747/v0001/reflector:42768

junk250

Check out this rainfall map totals from may 1st, 24 1/2 inches max on the map in the last 36 hours, Nashville is right in the over 15" gray area !!!

Just a few minutes ago on the radio feed they are reporting 200+ people surrounded by rising water on I-40,and many hundreds more trapped in homes, and are saying that bridges in the area are suspect to collapse. 7 people confirmed dead in Nashville so far. Buildings on fire with no way firefighters to access .

Attachments

• WUNIDS_map.gif
    WUNIDS_map.gif
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,650

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Just about every TAC TG's on the B channels for the Fire Dept/Ems (ie B6, B7, etc) are in use. Lots of commands tied together (too many to list) but what has baffled me is none of the Unified Command TG's (those listed as A channels) are not in use. It's pretty chaotic.

junk250

Nashville rescue just rescued 3 people, 3 cats, and 4 dogs from a flooded home.

Amazing the amount of rescues and fire/rescue reports over last 48 hours.

It sounds like the water is still rising, a disaster for sure I hope they get help soon.

Their local news is reporting 8" or so in rain, but if you look at the rainfall map its more like 15+ to 24" (24.5 inches is max on the map, just SW of Nashville).

Last edited:

squirrel911

Estill Springs/Decherd/Winchester/Franklin County
I was there

Well i was one of MANY from surrounding counties who responded to Davidson County with our rescue truck and 2 boats. We worked on the interstate and surrounds neighbor hoods. It is something I haven't seen at all living up here. I was talking to one fireman from NFD and he said he had lived there his entire life (57 year) and has never seen it flood like this.

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
welll the creak beside my house flooded. we are on a hill so we are ok we just lost our mailboxes and part of the driveway.. i am ok gang just wanted to let yall know. close but wayyyyy tooooooooo Close!

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone tell me if I24 is "OPEN" thru Nashville, got some relatives heading to Florida....Thank You and hope everyone is safe....

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
This week I learned that the conference that I was possibly going to attend (and couldn't in any case due to staffing issues) is indefinitely postponed because the venue in Nashville is underwater.

The Gaylord Opryland Hotel has been the site of this conference before, and I was down in 2007 for the same event. What a beautiful site. Seeing some of the video from inside the place almost made my head spin. It's hard to wrap your brain around the amount of water inundating the actual metropolitan area.

10 Feet Of Water Floods Opryland Hotel - Video - WSMV Nashville is the video as seen on the conference website, Intergraph 2010 - A World of Opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.