Major incident in Eastampton, Burlington County

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2xq

Mentor
I didn't hear the original callout about 30 minutes ago. From the traffic I think it is an bad MVA in district 34 at NJ 38 and Smithville Road, but now I'm not sure. EMS vehicles went to Lourdes (3) and Virtua (2), including 2 firemen in collars. Multiple districts responding, and at the minimum the intersection of NJ 38 and Eyrestown road in Lumberton is closed to traffic. About 5 minutes ago everyone was told to keep the media people from coming to the scene. Probably news at 11 on Phila channels 3, 6, 10, at 10 on 17 and 29. If the helos can fly in this all day and night rain event, there may be video from the helos..

w2xq

Mentor
Update: Word just came over the radio to hold the media (ch 6, newspapers Trenton Times and Burlington County Times) at the townhall.

jasonk

Feed Provider
Lumberton Engine 1311 was involved in a crash - reported as a rollover. Chief 1300 advised the rescue to go in service for 1 trapped. All patients transported BLS to area hospitals. Media reporting 5 FF's injured. Unknown if any other vehicles involved.

Jason Kinley

w2xq

Mentor
Update:

Saw 30 seconds of tape on news at 11 on both Phila 3 and 6. I know the area where the accident was. Media finally was allowed to the intersection, showing the traffic light and road-sign and some flashing lights but not to the accident scene. Single vehicle accident on Smithville Road, south of the intersection with NJ 38 and north of the Lumberton/Southampton township line, the crossing high-voltage lines and a narrow bridge. Returning from a fire call in in the Eastampton area, the truck went off the road into a ditch going south, No lights on the narrow blacktopped country road that is 1 to 1.5 carwidths wide under the best of circumstances. It has been raining here since mid-morning, the ditches are deep, and undoubtedly the grass/dirt shoulders are soaked. I know the road well, for 25 years used to commute to/from Trenton avoiding traffic on US 206.

39°58'19.23"N
74°45'5.37"W

Status
Not open for further replies.