Major MCI - Barstow

Status
Not open for further replies.

landonjensen

Tour Bus Rollover

27 Total Patients, 1 DOA, Multiple limp amputations.

6 Airships

10 ambulances

Units From Marine Corp Base Added

Comm Center calling 2nd alarm MCI scaled up response

Eng74

This was I-40 out in the middle of nowhere by what I was hearing. They went to White 3 for a Tac channel. Mercy Air 14out of Mojave was one of the air ships sent also. I was on my way home when this broke and one of the BC got flown in by CHP's copter. They were calling for anything and everything. When the first dispatch came in they asked for all available air ships to be launched that way. That is different for SBCoFD, they normally won't launch unless someone is one scene.

Last edited:

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Eng74 said:
This was I-40 out in the middle of nowhere by what I was hearing. They went to White 3 for a Tac channel. Mercy Air 14out of Mojave was one of the air ships sent also. I was on my way home when this broke and one of the BC got flown in by CHP's copter. They were calling for anything and everything. When the first dispatch came in they asked for all available air ships to be launched that way. That is different for SBCoFD, they normally won't launch unless someone is one scene.

Someone on the SoCalFire Yahoogroup said that there was an off-duty LAFD member on scene and that may be why they launched everyone. If it were me in that situation (which hopefully will never happen ), I'd do everything I could to get that stuff coming my way....

IanS

Oops thanks for pointing that out, it seems like I am the jackass here. Thanks Karldotcom

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.