Major MVA Voorhees Twp Last nite????

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have any info on an accident that may have occurred Wednesday night just before midnight on Rt 73 between Kresson Rd and Cooper Rd in Voorhees Twp last night? At just around midnight burlington County dispatched their Fire Police taskforce to the incident for traffic control. I also believe I heard a transmission on NJSP 58032 NJDOT Electrical concerning this incident. I also heard Voorhees PD say something about power still being out at Cooper Corner, which is on Cooper Rd by the Voorhees Fire station. And this morning I heard the area was jammed up for an accident investigation. By the time I passed by this afternoon there were still NJDOT units onscene at the traffic light control box at 73 and Kresson and I saw signs left around saying "Emergency Situation Ahead" or something like that. So it must have been pretty bad. Any serious injuries? Any additional info?

ampulman

Sorry, I don't have any direct information.

I live near Kresson & 73, and awoke (I thought it was around 2:00 AM, but I could be wrong) to the sound of a helicopter hovering. This has happened quite a few times, as this seems to be a bad accident area. I reached for my scanner, but before it booted up, the helicopter took off. I can look out of my 2nd floor listening post and see the helicopters.

On Thursday morning, a traffic report indicated that traffic was slow on 73 due to an accident investigation.

Amp

I am an EMT around the Atlantic City area, we were bringing a patient into the ER and the nursing staff reported 5 active traumas, 3 were flown in by Southstar and apparently 2 were brought in by ambulance, although I cannot confirm that. ARMC AC was on full divert for about an hour during that time. It was also stated that there were 2 seperate incidents, but I have no info on what was what. I do know that both were in Burlington County.

Status
Not open for further replies.