Major power outage in SoCal

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Database Admin
Widespread power outage in San Diego County extending into the Coachella Valley, Imperial County and southwest Arizona.

bezking

Check out this graph of power availability and consumption from CalISO...

ems_small.gif

brandon

Database Admin
They expect power out through the night and possible into tomorrow for some areas. Not good!

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
Power is out in Southern Orange County, all of San Diego County, Imperial County, parts of Riverside County, parts of Arizona and Northern Mexico. Im reading two major connections between Arizona and California have gone down and those affected by the outage will likely not have power until tomorrow afternoon. I've also read on Twitter from those affected landline phones are not working as well as cellphones. TSA has shut down Lindbergh Field in San Diego, no flights allowed in or out.

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
The said he was following procedures. hmmmmmm I am guessing he's the hero of all the San Diego school kids.

dirt619

San Diego County is slowing getting power back on. The majority of the city is still blacked out.
All police frequencies are blowing up with calls from shots fired to looting.

NewSDScanner

By the way, do the SDG&E frequencies listed in the database work? I tried programming in the control freqs earlier and a wildcard and I got absolutely no traffic on my PRO-106. I had it set to Splinter as well.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber

Attachments

• SDGE-Outage-photo.JPG
    SDGE-Outage-photo.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,086
Last edited:

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Note: SDGE 900MHz Trunked System went in 'Failsoft' mode on Thursday night. Not sure what time the control channel came back online. It's fully online right now.

I can't help but point out the slight irony of a public utility's radio system being taken out by its own power outage. Anyway... I am currently in Northern CA but had spent the last few months figuring out some of the SDG&E 900 MHz talkgroups. The most active talkgroups are the "Distribution North 1" and "Distribution South 1," however I'm sure with this incident a lot of seldom used channels are popping up (like the EOC, Emergency Troublemen, and various Operations & Maintenance divisions). If anyone wanted to give a listen now would be the time to figure them out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.