Major Snow strom on the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

pathalogical

We were supposed to get 10-15 cm overnight, looked out the window at 4:30 am and not a single flake anywhere ! It's been raining all day so far.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I drive home to E-Town from Lethbridge tomorrow in this storm, really though 10-15cm between now and tomorrow night is nothing, I have done lots of winter mountain driving in BC where I would see 10-15cm of snow in a matter of a couple of hours, and where tracks of truck 20minutes ahead of me would be virtually gone due to snow and not wind.

VE5JL

Premium Subscriber
We were supposed to get 10-15 cm overnight, looked out the window at 4:30 am and not a single flake anywhere ! It's been raining all day so far.

I hope this ends up being nothing. We don't need the problems that's for sure. When I look at the radar it looks rather empty of moisture.

pathalogical

The problem is, the media hypes it big time. Last winter they did the same thing. They kept talking about it, and breaking news about it. Everyone took it seriously and school buses canceled, schools closed, businesses closed. We ended getting about 5cm. The media wasn't talking much about it the next day.

Here's todays snowstorm fail, No snow means 'rough day' for Toronto forecasters - Toronto - CBC News

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
The problem is, the media hypes it big time. Last winter they did the same thing. They kept talking about it, and breaking news about it. Everyone took it seriously and school buses canceled, schools closed, businesses closed. We ended getting about 5cm. The media wasn't talking much about it the next day.

Here's todays snowstorm fail, No snow means 'rough day' for Toronto forecasters - Toronto - CBC News

I seconded what Path says. Everywhere the weather forcasters predicted a hellish commute.
My daughter thought she had a good chance at a snow day seeing that part of our region is far enough away from the lake and would not have any mixing.

They were off on the snow by 100% and my daughter is annoyed, waking up and saying that she checked the radio stations school and bus service as per usual.

VE5JL

Premium Subscriber
Funny how some in the weather community think they can forecast what is going to happen 5K years from now when they can't even accurately predict what will happen in the next 5 hours.

I got some extra gas in the event I need to run the blower or generator. Always nice to be ready in any event.

Have a great weekend all!!

73's

mobile_1

Environment Canada

I wish that I could have a job like they have, where I could fail so much and so often and still keep that job. If only they could be paid by how accurate the forecasts are. Man, you really nailed it this time, so here is your big bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.