make a new repeat freq for 33.80

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmanct18

Can any one mention to Tn or tell them to have 154.740 or 460.025 repeat 33.80 like it did a couple of weeks ago it had 33.80 reprater sounded like. Cause 152.0075 and 33.80 dont come in to well in vernon, East Windsor area. Who would agree with me that would be a great idea and who to contact to have that happened. It happened 2 weeks ago on the weekend that one night . Make it hapen all the time. Tn needs a freq on 400 mhz that repeats 33.44 and 33.80 together

Joe

lynskey85

Feed Provider
If you want to hear TN on 33.80, thats the wrong way to do it. You would also hear QV, WW, WA, and KX at a minimum. Thats called overload. Just look at the QV UHF repeater in Brooklyn that repeats 33.80, 33.76, 33.90, 33.88. Way too much activity on one channel with 33.80 in there.

Not to mention...Do you really think that Public Safety is going to listen to the request of the Public when it comes to listening to their radio frequencies?

dittrimd

This repeater that repeats 154.7400 and 460.025 is owned by Tolland Fire and is located at the new WFSB tower site on Bald Hill Road in Tolland. TN has no control over what low band frequency this is set to. First of all this repeater is not officially online as the voting reciever system is still under construction. It was set to 33.80 and 33.78 for a while to see if the problem we are having on 33.44 is being casused by this site. Currently it is on 33.84 to see how much we will hear the Pequots when we go to 33.84 if we stay with a PL of 179.9.

As for repeating 33.80 on any other frequency there is no real need. All of TN's departments either use low band of VHF tone and voice pagers. The only site repeating 33.80 on UHF is Pumpkin Hill in Ashford and the only reason it does that is becuase the raidos is a multichannel scanning radio and TN wanted to have 33.80 as a backup for toning.

Repeating 33.80 would be a huge waste of UHF spectrum. If you want to monitor it get a scanner. In addition as more dispatch centers move to QV's alpha paging system you will hear less and less toning. My guess is 152.0075 tone and voice will be ending soon to make way for improvements to the alpha paging system.

jmanct18

So 152.0075 isnt going to be around much longer for tones-dispatch, if not is 33.80 going to be stronger like 152.0075?

Joe

cg

Premium Subscriber
what scanner do you use?
I hear 33.80 in Granby with a handheld scanner and a stock antenna.
Maybe you need to have someone look at the radio.

chris

lynskey85

Feed Provider
Also, I wasn't aware that 152.0075 was being used in the Tolland County area. Most likely you are hearing the 152.0075 activity coming from the Windham County area. Therefore, I wouldnt be too concerned about losing it.

Also, if TN is anything like QV, they likely operate off of many towers. For example, QV has at least 4 or 5 transmit towers for dispatch. If they are dispatching a department in the north end of the county they use the Thompson tower. If it is the south end of the county they use either Brooklyn or Killingly. There are other filler sites as well. I'd say its likely that what you are hearing that you think is a weak signal is from a tower not too close.

Also should be noted that I am about 15 minutes south of Worcester, right at the MA/CT/RI border and I can hear TN dispatching all day everyday with nothing special in a mobile mounted setup and even better with an attic mounted antenna at home.

dittrimd

TN has two sites that the own the 152.0075 radio, Bald Hill Tower in Tolland and Soapstone in Somers. They also use the QV radios at Coventry, Gates Hill in Lebanon, Mansfield Tower, and Birch Mountain in Glastonbury. As a back up they can also use 152 in Union and East Windsor. QV is putting in a new radio at the WSFB tower in Tolland. The move to abandon Tone and Voice on 152.0075 is slated for December 1st but a lot has to happen before it can actually happen. I beleive they are attempting to find another 150.XXXX freq for Tone and Voice so that 152.0075 can be for only alpha. QV is trying to put in a terminal that can be accessed through phone or IP. Currently only the dispatch centers can send out messages. This will give access to many more people for things like admin pages. The problems is the complexity with the paging terminal and keeping tone and voice. Tones will still be going out on 33.80.

As for signal strength on 33.80 these are high powered transmitters located on really good sites. As was previously stated TN like QV and other dispatch centers use different locations to tone out different departments. For instance if you are in Somers listening to 33.80 you may not hear Mansfield getting toned out off their tower.

Mark

CT22

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Fcc 0002693442

Looks like they might be getting 159.870

dittrimd

Yes they have applied for it but they did not try it out in Minitor 3,4 and 5 pager before they went and applied for the freq. They asked a couple of "experts" and Motorola who all said it was a go. No one thought to actually try it out in the pagers that cover the current range for 152.0075. The sub band is 151.0000 to 158.9950 and they can only go .6khz out of band. The software wont even take it. Looks like it is back to the drawing board.
Mark

PJH

Premium Subscriber
I get them on I84 in New York... Must be working good from whereever...

Status
Not open for further replies.