Make and Model ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalanalog

It's listed as a ST2, but this is not a ST2 antenna, it does have the same type main tube so it appears to be
maybe a homebrew of the remaining parts of an ST2 ? but then the front radials are to long and the ST2 does not have that
third vertical set of elements. There are many more reasons this is NOT an ST2 antenna. so anyone have any ideas?

unknown.jpg

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Looks like an attempt to modify a TV antenna to resemble an abbreviated version of the old GROVE Scanner Beam.

digitalanalog

In the Classified section on this forum.

I contacted the seller and sent him a picture of an ST2 and
a bunch of reasons why it is not an ST2,but he is sticking to his claim of it being an ST2 antenna.

I don't realy care what he claims it to be it just never seen an antenna quit like it, many similar but
not the same. and as iMONITOR mentioned above at first clance thought it was a old scanner beam as well, but missing more then
half of the original elements.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I was hoping you had a URL and we could maybe glean information from a store page or full website.

As to a beam (Yagi), the driven element appears to be behind the larger reflector, so...more like elements in the wind catching RF as it floats by.

Signed,

Not an antenna expert

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
There were many of the antenna pictured around here in the 80's, not sure if Radio Shack had a version of it, but it was an Antennacraft and seemed like it was the ST-1. All the local cb shops carried them and there are still some of them in the air on old gas stations and businesses.

digitalanalog

That's the second reference to the ST-1, does anyone have a old flyer showing some of the specs?
maybe an old radio shack add from one of there old catalogs. if they did infact sell them.

I googled it, and google was NOT my friend on that search. came back with ST-2 but no ST-1.

Ubbe

It's interesting to see that it uses the same concept as their ST-2 with that passive resonator element nearast the mast pole. It's only connected to the boom and not to the 2-wire 300 ohm transmission line. The longest elements are for the low-vhf and then comes that resonator element of half the lenght for hi-vhf and half of that are the uhf elements at the front.

Some people call it open stub j-pole when it's only seems to be a resonator element that has nothing to do with the j-pole principal of an antenna.

0a9d9f326691f019576492f19455f12f.jpg

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.