Make Virtual Control Screen Full Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
If you use a computer scanner software that has Virtual Control window and would like to make the Virtual Control window fill up your hole screen I go to Windows Ease Of Access and click on the magnifier and set it to fill my screen with the Virtual Control Screen. This way I can sit across the room in my easy chair and see all the action on my scanner, I use this With Windows 10 Professional with my SDS100 Uniden scanner and Arc536PRO Software and it works great.
Steve

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
If you use a computer scanner software that has Virtual Control window and would like to make the Virtual Control window fill up your hole screen I go to Windows Ease Of Access and click on the magnifier and set it to fill my screen with the Virtual Control Screen. This way I can sit across the room in my easy chair and see all the action on my scanner, I use this With Windows 10 Professional with my SDS100 Uniden scanner and Arc536PRO Software and it works great.
Steve
I belong to an Icom R8600 is group and we were lamenting the fact that the Icom software does not allow the user to resize the control windows.
i copied your suggestion and forwarded it to the members and we are all grateful for your suggestion.
So, on behalf of Icom RS8600 users, THANK YOU!

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I belong to an Icom R8600 is group and we were lamenting the fact that the Icom software does not allow the user to resize the control windows.
i copied your suggestion and forwarded it to the members and we are all grateful for your suggestion.
So, on behalf of Icom RS8600 users, THANK YOU!
Your very welcome, I have been using this setup all day and it works great, It's a little touchy when you try and get the virtual window just right because it's magnified but once you get the hang of it you off and running. Nice to sit in my easy chair and not miss anything. Yes all my scanner software programs have the same problem you can't resize the control windows.
Steve

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
what do you do when your system goes to sleep and the monitor turns off, would it make more sense to just move the scanner to your favorite chair?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
what do you do when your system goes to sleep and the monitor turns off, would it make more sense to just move the scanner to your favorite chair?

Disable power management so the machine does not go to sleep and disable monitor power savings as well. That will fix that problem.
Or leave the monitor power savings enabled and just bump your mouse if the screen goes blank while you are still watching it.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I have my scanner connected to my outside antenna I would have to get an extension for the coax to go across the room. Then I have coax laying across my carpet and someone can trip over it, also the scanner has to be connected to the computer so the scanner software will work. I would rather look over to my 22 inch monitor to see what's going on then keep looking down at a little screen on my scanner. If I wanted to I could send the video to my 55 inch Samsung tv screen on the wall.
Steve

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I did this to my Dell desktop running Windows 10 and it worked great. I have several instances of ProScan going and after a bit of resizing and positioning I can now read them all without trying to focus. Now I can read my scanners from across the room when I am busy over there. Very cool, thanks!

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I did this to my Dell desktop running Windows 10 and it worked great. I have several instances of ProScan going and after a bit of resizing and positioning I can now read them all without trying to focus. Now I can read my scanners from across the room when I am busy over there. Very cool, thanks!
Glad you can enjoy it, I Also have my Samsung 55 inch tv connect to my scanner and I can put the screen onto my tv, a little overkill but if you at a far distance it does the trick.
Steve

rcool101

Feed Provider
Works great especially if you use a second monitor. You can also go to SETTINGS, SYSTEM, DISPLAY and click on Monitor 2. Scroll down and play with the resolutions. You can blow it up more

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Steve
This is a link to the youtube video of how to do this
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.