Make your Feeds page awesome like mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandxer

Hey folks..

If anyone would like to copy my Feeds Page style code and widgets tweak it and Make there own Please do. Do whatever..

I added Live traffic cams , Chatbox, Statcounter, News feed widgets, Facebook share, Feed stats, etc.... I mean the possibilities are endless..

Connecticut State Police Troops C,D,E,F,K,H,W
Connecticut State Police Troops C,D,E,F,K,H,W Live Scanner Audio Feed

Check out my feed page and tell me what you think..

I'm a absolute beginner at all this code stuff, But copy and pasting widgets to your feeds source is pretty easy.

Last edited:

Scandxer

Here some of the widgets I used.. All free, There are millions of widgets out there.. I like these..

StatCounter Free invisible Web tracker, Hit counter and Web stats - Is awesome tool to understand exactly who your listeners are , where they come from, what google term they used, and how long they stay, What their browser is, and so on and so on.. (THIS IS A MUST HAVE TOOL FOR ALL FEED PROVIDERS!)

ShoutMix - Free shoutbox/tagboard chat widget! - Chat box widget.

RSS Widget — Widgetbox - News feed Widget.

AddThis - The #1 Bookmarking & Sharing Service - Allow your listeners to share your Feed in every way possible.

Like Box - Facebook Developers - Facebook Share and Like buttons are simply awesome for building listeners and getting your feed out there.

Facebook Developers also has..

Activity Feed
Login Button
Like Button
Recommendations
Live Stream
Facepile
Comments

Criminal And Motor Vehicle Case Searches Statewide - Google Search

Criminal And Motor Vehicle Case Searches Statewide - You will have to Google for your State...

TrafficLand.com - Traffic Cameras, Traffic Video, Live Traffic Cams Live Traffic Cams from around the World. (Trafficland doesn't offer Live Widgets as far as I know, So You will have to copy my code below and change the URL part of code to your Local Cams HTTP and Webid. .. (Example "http://embed.trafficland.com/conndot/trafficland_singlecam.tljs?webid=8386&key=c930c7c7f0145a8763f1a758f3af68b9 ")

<p>&nbsp;</p>
<input type="button" name="btnRestart" value="Restart Camera" onclick="javascript:window.location.reload(true);" id="btnRestart" />&nbsp; <SCRIPT src="http://embed.trafficland.com/conndo...8386&amp;key=c930c7c7f0145a8763f1a758f3af68b9" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT> <input type="button" name="btnRestart" value="Restart Camera" onclick="javascript:window.location.reload(true);" id="btnRestart" />&nbsp; <SCRIPT src="http://embed.trafficland.com/conndo...8396&amp;key=c930c7c7f0145a8763f1a758f3af68b9" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT> <NOSCRIPT>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<!----------------------- TrafficLand.com Camera Widget Code Begins---------------------------------------------->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.trafficland.com/widget/widget.js?theme=black&webid=8396&version=1.0&wkey=14596466de95f6fa179d6e6a33bfc34a"></script>
<noscript><a href="http://www.trafficland.com/city/GON/camera/8396/index.html">TrafficLand.com</a> </noscript> <!----------------------- TrafficLand.com Camera Widget Code Ends ---------------------------------------------->
<p>&nbsp;</p>

The possibilities are truly endless!

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
The possibilities are truly endless!

I suspect that really isn't true... but I won't elaborate :)

Although the widgets are nifty, they make the page slow to load for anyone who is not on a broadband connection and they cause the whole page to become malformed [stretched out a little]. The content you put on there belongs on your own private website somewhere rather than embedded on your feed page. Just my $0.02

Mike

Scandxer

Ya I know what you mean.. To each his own I guess..

I'm not looking to profit from providing my feed or anything like that. It is for others to listen free. I've seen others put paypal widgets up, But I just enjoy the Hobby.

It beats looking at a feed page when all it says is something like..

Welcome to my feed

Radio Shack Scanner 106

800 Mhz Antenna

Lol.. But hey, thats just me I guess..I like neat, informative tools.

"slow to load for anyone who is not on a broadband connection"

Lol..Who doesn't have a fast connection nowadays? That's just silly. :)

Scandxer

The Facebook Share and Like button alone will Bring in so many new listeners to ones feed. Excellent Word of mouth tool.

Scandxer

I have no idea why but my Feed page layout doesn't work with the Safari Browser/ Mac Computers. When using a Mac half the page just doesn't show up.

Maybe it's only my Mac. Or maybe it's my Nonexistent Coding skills lol

scanbc780

Usually Lurking
I see a RSS feed scrolling at the top and I notice there is a Google Adsense AD that comes along with it assuming its not the RR Adsense code (RR has their own), it could be an Adsense violation as they are crazy strict about weird stuff like that..... Just saying.

And I agree with Burner50, less is more. It may look all nice in the eye of the builder but you need to look at it from the eyes of the viewer. What do others want to see? Think minimalistic, Google became famous becuase of their minimalistic design and they still use it today (Google logo and a simple search box). Instead of photos of the whole heirarchy of the Police dept, you could link to the PDs website that contains the info as well as all the traffic cams etc. That way its still easy on the eyes and if somebody wants to see it, they will click it. If the feed page allows it, you can add code for the link to open in a new page so they dont veer away from your feed by adding TARGET=_BLANK in your 'a href' code.

Anyhow, I would do it with less, thats my humble opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.