Malden Emergency Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanNora

Does anyone have frequency info for this outfit? I've had 3 frequencies purportedly used by (461.5750, 462.8375, 155.2200) them plugged into my scanners for going on 7 years now, and have yet to hear a thing. I initially believed that they were disbanded as their digital footprint was small for a while, but it looks like their facebook page states they operated at fires just recently. I don't recall ever hearing them being called over Malden Fire or Metrofire, so if anyone could shed some more light on them that would be great.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have frequency info for this outfit? I've had 3 frequencies purportedly used by (461.5750, 462.8375, 155.2200) them plugged into my scanners for going on 7 years now, and have yet to hear a thing. I initially believed that they were disbanded as their digital footprint was small for a while, but it looks like their facebook page states they operated at fires just recently. I don't recall ever hearing them being called over Malden Fire or Metrofire, so if anyone could shed some more light on them that would be great.

I don't know about the 461.575, that was their repeated frequency-in 1988. I believe it is now part of Allcomm's MOTOtrbo network now.

462.8375 was a simplex frequency, and may still be in use. Obviously, if you're not right on top of them, you're probably not going to hear anything.

155.220 was pre-1988, and although I believe it is still in their watch room console, I don't believe it is used anymore.

You won't hear the "Malden Emergency Center" over the radio. The big rig is referred to as "Rescue 2" over Malden Fire's radio and "Malden Rescue 2" when going out of town on Metro or another community's radio.

OceanNora

Many thanks for the info, I'll keep an ear out for "Rescue 2" on Malden Fire. Would anyone have any idea how often they're dispatched? As I understand it, they're mostly used for Air/Light at larger incidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.