Maldol MH-255 "active hunter" antenna !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakemcgraw

I heard alot of good reports on the Maldol MH-255 "active hunter" duck antenna,,and finally decided to give one a try on my uniden bc346xt. I usually just stick with the stock antennas on my handhelds, as i get good reception , even being fairly far out in the country, with mountains around me and so forth, But after trying out the Maldol MH-255 I have to say im fairly impressed. I Receive everything I do on the stock antenna, in addition to a few extra frequencies ive not picked up before , I find this impressive, due to the size of the Maldol only being 3 inches tall !....It is built well, very flexible, and a bit thicker than alot of other type duck antennas..I monitor 46 mhz....154- 162 mhz....and 453-463 mhz frequency ranges...All conventional here as we have no digital or trunking...This is a very good antenna...Wondering if anyone else is having any good experiences with the Maldol mh-255 also ?

Jakemcgraw

Wanted to post a pic of this little marvel, for those who never seen the Maldol mh-255.

Attachments

• mh255.jpg
    mh255.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 1,044

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
I have one that I use on my 396XT and have had reasonably good luck with it. I find it weak on VHF Lo, some VHF hi but very good on the trunked systems. My area is rich with TRS so this antenna combined with the small form factor of the 396XT makes it a very handy little scanner.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I heard alot of good reports on the Maldol MH-255 "active hunter" duck antenna,,and finally decided to give one a try on my uniden bc346xt. I usually just stick with the stock antennas on my handhelds, as i get good reception , even being fairly far out in the country, with mountains around me and so forth, But after trying out the Maldol MH-255 I have to say im fairly impressed. I Receive everything I do on the stock antenna, in addition to a few extra frequencies ive not picked up before , I find this impressive, due to the size of the Maldol only being 3 inches tall !....It is built well, very flexible, and a bit thicker than alot of other type duck antennas..I monitor 46 mhz....154- 162 mhz....and 453-463 mhz frequency ranges...All conventional here as we have no digital or trunking...This is a very good antenna...Wondering if anyone else is having any good experiences with the Maldol mh-255 also ?

I have just ordered a mh-209 AND the mh-255 so I guess we'll see how well they perform on a yaesu vx-6r :) Maybe maldol has a winner here,I hope.
n9zas

bergg

Premium Subscriber
I've had a Maldol mh-255 for two years and love it. I now have four of them.
It comes with different mounts too.

I use on my Pro 96, BCD396T, and Yaesu FT60r radios. It is very small, very flexible and works great.

gewecke

Banned
I've had a Maldol mh-255 for two years and love it. I now have four of them.
It comes with different mounts too.

I use on my Pro 96, BCD396T, and Yaesu FT60r radios. It is very small, very flexible and works great.

AWWWWSOME! :cool:
Now that's what I wanna hear! Do you know if there's a bnc option for these? It would be great to try one on my pro-106!
n9zas

bergg

Premium Subscriber
Yes I use mainly BNC, but have the "other" (can't remember the name) for the BCD396T.

There are adapters that are found on Ebay to convert from either one to the other.

Get one!

gewecke

Banned
Thanks again robert! SMA is the mount I use mainly due to my vx-6r and work talkie having the same connector. I'm thinking this little jewel would be great at an airshow too! :)
n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.