Male Patient impaled by a hay spike

Status
Not open for further replies.

rush2112ok

Rogers County (Foyil)| Trauma Alert| | Hwy 28A 1.5 Mi JWO County Line|Foyil Fire and Pafford O/S, Male Patient impaled by a hay spike in the chest. Patient Transported by Tulsa Lifefight. 17:43 hrs

Feq 160.1799 and 154.0100

Medic32

imagine having to pull yourself off a hay spear while waiting on an ambulance

car2back

tiawah466 said:
He got speared in the side of the neck and fell off of the spear.

dang... the hay spikes I've worked with are are pretty big in diameter (like 8" or more)

any word on his condition Tiawah?

tiawah466

He was alert and orientated when he left from what I heard other than the hole in his neck he was fine. It sounds like it missed anything vital.

CommShrek

I guess it's safe to say that the patient "really got the point" that was trying to be made. :)

ksfuzzy

The guy impaled just to the left of his trachea. The wound was about 1½” – 2” deep and 1 ½” wide and his carotid artery was at the edge of the wound about a ¼” towards the inside. The only thing that saved that was the fact that the hay fork was pointed and moved it out of the way.

ksfuzzy

He also had a major wreck a couple of years ago and he received a stoma. He no longer uses it and it is starting to heal over. Now he has 2 holes in his neck.

Medic32

yeah no kidding, 1st time its a major wreck, 2nd its a hayspike to the neck. you know what they say..... 3rd times a charm

rush2112ok

tiawah466 thanks for posting additional info. I sometimes can only get part of the radio traffice from Pafford; mainly dispatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.