Mall of America LTR System

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I was looking at the database for the Mall of America. I gather that 10 frequencies are verified, including the LCN number, but the other 10 need the LCN number. I wouldn't mind working on that, but I haven't worked with LCN systems for quite some time. Does anybody know the best way to map out this system?

I have reviewed this, but I am just wondering if there is anything new in the world of LTR systems.
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Mapping_an_LTR_System

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I have reviewed this, but I am just wondering if there is anything new in the world of LTR systems.
Mapping an LTR System - The RadioReference Wiki

Nothing new. That document covers it.... unless you have one of the RS / GRE products that can automatically determine channel order by simply loading all of the frequencies in as an LTR system and then scanning the LTR system over time. On a PSR-500/600, PRO-197/106 and I believe on some other non-digital RS/GRE products, they actually have guts smart enough to map out the LTR and auto-move the frequencies to the proper LCN once they discover the information. Of course that only works for each frequency that is actively in use with voice traffic or one that sends a periodic burst identifying its channel.

For example, on my PRO-197, if I know an LTR system has 454.175 and 454.45 and I program into any channel (such as channel 18 and channel 20), I would then allow the system to scan and when traffic comes on 454.175 and the low speed data sends out that 454.175 is LCN2, it will automatically move 454.175 from channel 18 to channel 2. Then when there is traffic or a burst with info on the other channel, it will do the same.

Yeah, you kind of feel like a cheater when you let the scanner do it... but I don't feel real guilty :)

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.