Status
Not open for further replies.

TRNcommLLC

Feed Provider
Hello,
I have Malwarebytes blocking the forums IP

---From log---
IP-BLOCK 199.27.134.43

Not sure why it's blocking the forums but is any one else having this same problem?

Thanks
John

TRNcommLLC

Feed Provider
Ok I'm glad it was not just me.
I just reported a False positive to them.
I hope they fix it soon.
There are 2 IP's that's being blocked...
IP-BLOCK 173.245.60.120 (Type: outgoing)
IP-BLOCK 199.27.134.43 (Type: outgoing)

Thanks
John

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
It's being stated on the MBAM forum it is not a false positive, because of who RR is routing their traffic through (hosting). It's not a RR problem per se, but MBAM also won't unblock it until the provider (Cloudflare) fixes their attitude. RR is just a victim of a blanket block.
Here is the thread on their support forum.
False positive forums.radioreference.com - Malwarebytes Forum

I'm going to ModAlert this post here so the RR admins see what is going on. Hopefully if RR and other customers put pressure on their provider, cloud flare will see the need to fix the root problem.

Last edited:

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I've contacted the Cloudflare folks.

For those of you who don't know what Cloudflare is - it is a content delivery network coupled with a network security suite of components. They help speed the delivery of the Web site to you, and block nefarious spammers and hackers that are coming to us.

We are evaluating their services on the forums only right now - since we receive so many spam and attack attempts here.

Essentially at this time this is a issue between Cloudflare and Malwarbytes, with MBAM accusing Cloudflare of hosting some nefarious site thus resulting in them blocking Cloudflare sites.

I'm in contact with both parties to help resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Bob_61

Hello,
I have Malwarebytes blocking the forums IP

Not sure why it's blocking the forums but is any one else having this same problem?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been using Malwarebytes since 2008 no problem here...

OCO

After some reading, I'm surprised that MBAM is the only security package blacklisting CF.. Cloudflare is a pretty good CDN service provider for anyone wanting their services - which in June included Lulzsecurity, which is what's probably bringing the issue to a head. They're trying to maintain strict neutrality by refusing to limit who they provide their service to, kinda like the motel manager saying it's none of his business what goes on behind closed doors when the neighbors complain. Good customers like RR get caught in the crossfire. (Have fun Lindsay, I dealt with this a few times and it was like a game of whack-a-mole.. just about the time I'd get things straightened out with one webfilter vendor, another one would blacklist the network we were on)

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
I updated my MBAM this morning to database 7864 and it's no longer blocking the forums.

So either MBAM changed their stance and took those IPs off the blacklist, or RR/Cloudflare changed the IP addresses of the RR forums.

RomeRon

Had the same problem here, Malwarebytes blocking the RR forum.
They did an update last night around 10:30 and I was able to get in to the forum.

Bob_61

Still no issue here! And superantispyware is working good! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kb0nly

Just drop MB off your system and install a good AV and don't worry about it. I have dealt with people using MB and it always seems to cause some sort of problem, system slowdown, blocking sites, taking over the hosts file, screwing up the internet connection. I don't know why people run that crap.

I fix computers for a living... 99.9% of the people i work for need a free AV like Avast and they stay safe, its only the people that go to questionable websites and download warez that need further protection.

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
Hmmmmm... I am running Vipre V4.0.4280 and Malwarebytes V.1.51.2.1300 together on this end and haven't noticed any problems with getting in to RR. I also, since I switched over to those 2 programs about 3 - 3½ years or so ago, I haven't had any thing that has managed to get through and wreak havoc. (This doesn't mean that I haven't had any attempts! Both programs did what they were supposed to do.) Since about 1½ years after *I* started using them I've install around 90-100 installations and none of them have had any problems except for the occasional `operator headspace error'.

OCO

If you look at the first part of this thread, it was an acknowledged issue from the 2nd to the 4th of the month. If you were accessing RR during that time, you might want to check your Malwarebytes configuration as it should have been blocking access to RR......

Status
Not open for further replies.