• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Man Arrested For Shooting Photo Of Police Activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLWilson

Load of Crap !

Sounds like a load of crap on someone's part to me. IF they did enter the kids property to arrest him for "just" taking a picture, the city of Phillie is going to be out a lot of taxpayer $$$$ before it's over.

If the kid DID interfere with the action, that'll probably come out too.

Like the original post said, each side has their own "story" to tell!!!!

Steve :(

rpgbigman

I agree. I know They Train cops now so they do things right. or supose to? just in case there is a person with a camera. (why do the cops have Vedio cameras in ther cars then?)
Like SL Wilson said there are 2 sides of every storie.

You know it's BS when the cops say "we're letting you go because there is no supervisor on-duty". Really? In a big city like that they have to have a supervisor for every arrest? Sounds like a lot of back-pedaling going on there.
Another question...are they arresting newspaper photographers and TV cameramen too?

STiMULi

I carry a DSLR with me much of the time. WHENEVER I see police activity I snap a shot of it.

Go ahead and arrest me! :)

These were taken after I went out for a run in my car and came upon a drunk winch (I say that as it is a very polite term for this individual) that was disturbing the peace and beating up on her boyfriend. She was out of control and after they got her in the vehicle she decided to spit at the officer.

They brought her back to the scene and proceeded to hogtie and place a "biological mask" on her.

STiMULi

You never know. :)

I'll give a chance to others to respond...

But why not since you asked?

EDIT:

1st Responder Wireless News = Where the news gets the news!
VA124
Ohhhh the irony :)

Last edited:

red8

hey Stimuli

We had an incident in Baton Rouge where an indiviual was videoing
2 of Baton Rouge's finest on call. The individual who did not appear
to be interfering with the officers had his video cam taken away from
him at which time the person inquestion went in his house and returned with another camera and said individual was arrested
they this clip on the local news and it appeared that person inquestion on his own property out the officer's way.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"They brought her back to the scene and proceeded to hogtie and place a "biological mask" on her."

Are you sure it wasn't a harness and muzzle? WOOF!

nexus

nosoup4u said:
It sounds like each side has a different story, but makes you wonder whats next.

http://www.nbc10.com/news/9574663/detail.html

Something VERY much like this happened to me!!!! Except I didn't get arrested, but I was threatened with arrest. I was at home, and suddenly several police cars arrived on my street, situating themselves out in front of my house on the street. And AMR arrived too. And then the fire department. Now keep in mind, I was a former inactive volunteer firefighter for this same city. Well Also there was a couple of sheriff's deputies there too.

What happened was the house next door to the house across from mine had a man who had barricaded himself in the house with a shotgun and he was threatening to kill himself, but he also said that he had a family member hostage, and that he would shoot to kill any officer who came near the house. Well I heard all of the cars pull up and I went outside my front door to see what was going on. I was just standing on the porch, no where NEAR the house, no where NEAR the blocked off area. I was on my own property, close to the front door. I went inside, got my digital camera and took some pictures of all of the cars on my street.

About 30 minutes after that, an officer came to the house, asked for me, and when I came back out he told me the sheriff (yeah the sheriff had arrived on scene too) said he saw me taking pictures and demanded that I hand over the film. I was like WTF?!?!?!? Then the sheriff came over to my house, and told me that if I didn't give him the film I was going to be arrested. I told him it was digital and there was no film. He ordered me to delete those pictures. And if I ever posted them online or if I ever turned them over to the media he was going to arrest me!!!

W T F!?!?!?!?

I was needless to say rather angry. Here I was in my yard, at my house, and all I did was take a picture of all the cars in front of the house and he was going to come and arrest me for that!? The officer told me that he was just under a lot of stress over the situation. Well he didn't need to take it out on me!!! nosoup4u, I know there are two sides to each story, but from what I've experienced I'd have to say that I'm sure how the media describes it is how it went down.

btw, here are pictures from the scene (LOL)

SLWilson, I'd lean towards believing it did happen that way.... It seems like this kind of thing is more common than not. I read that and thought it could of easily had been me.

Go-24

What exactly would the charge be? LORD! Some of these cops have no right serving the public! If I were you I'd have just stuck my arms out and not said one word.

regarding the story ...

"he broke a new law that prohibits people from taking pictures of police with cell phones" LMAO!!!!

"They threatened to charge me with conspiracy, impeding an investigation, obstruction of a investigation" WHAT A JOKE!

Last edited:

STiMULi

nexus said:
Something VERY much like this happened to me!!!! Except I didn't get arrested, but I was threatened with arrest. I
I am one of those AHOLEs that they would just have to arrest.

Good for you! Glad to see your shot made it!

BoxAlarm187

STiMULi said:
You never know. :)

I'll give a chance to others to respond...

But why not since you asked?
I think the "you never know" statement is exactly what I was aiming at. Are you doing it in case something should go wrong, you have photos to sell to the media? By now, everyone on here knows that you disregard the speed limit virtually everywhere you go, so is this an extension of your mistrust of law enforcement?

I dunno, it just struck me as wierd when you emphasized that WHENEVER [sic] you see police activity, you take pictures. What's going on that you'll specifically take time out of your day to take pix of a woman being arrested?

EDIT: As for my sig, it's just the catch-phrase of the group that I page fires for. No sense in reading more into it than there is.

STiMULi

Do you VA124, take time to send pages to your news gathers WHENEVER you feel like it?

What happens if a Public Service agency did something wrong and the media were there because of your page? Pot calling the kettle black?

My photos have made the news. I have yet to catch the police in this area act so unprofessional as previously discussed.

I have allot more good posts that I have made (over 1550) and there about six I am proud of. Keep reading if it keeps you busy :)

BoxAlarm187

Just as easy to say you're right, and I'm wrong. I still haven't gotten an answer to my question, so I'll just let it go.

And yes, I am aware you post a lot. :roll:

SLWilson

Cops + Cameras....

Don't get me wrong guys. I think that a person minding their own business has EVERY RIGHT to take whatever pics they want to.....

But, and there is ALWAYS a but.....

For instance, especially in this day and age, your a cop doing your duty, you start noticing a van or some other vehicle "showing up" at your calls. Taking video or photos, you start to wonder....Is this just an overzealous citizen "checking out" the cops or is it some terrorist nut seeing "how things are done" to use at a later time....So, the curious cop "checks out" the guy with the camers.

Now, is there anything wrong ith what the citizen OR the cop did? Right?

Well....Not unless the cop threatened to arrest the citizen. And, if he was a terrorist-looking type, he'd probably try to take off as the cop approached....So....

Anyway, I can see both sides of the issue, all depends on the circumstances!!!!

Locally, I carry a camera. I'm "known" to law enforcement because of my position. I take pics at crashes, fires, whatever happens if I'm around. I get a few pretty good ones. LE knows that they might end up in the local paper....They're generally happy about it.

Below is one that went "National" even.....

Steve :roll:

Last edited:

STiMULi

BoxAlarm187 said:
Just as easy to say you're right, and I'm wrong. I still haven't gotten an answer to my question, so I'll just let it go.
You don't read too well do ya?

BoxAlarm187 said:
And yes, I am aware you post a lot. :roll:
I bet you are. Keep digging though there is even more about my opinions that have as little to do with this subject as the one you dug up a minute ago :roll:.

It joys me to have someone as well versed in notifying the media as yourself to take the time to read my posts. Enjoy :lol:

cristisphoto

GOOD Grief!!!

Well it is ILLEGAL to take ANY pictures of Federal property and or Federal Personell..

Especially after the Patriot Act was made law..
SOOO
Now a far as PD, Sheriffs etc,
If they are in the middle of an investigaion, arrest etc,..
and you come like wahckker snapping pics then DUUUH
Of course your ass is grass..
SO the ACLU has NO MERIT...
I would like to see these damn Liberal ACLU types don a uniform and work the beat,,
they wouldn't last a second without getting someone hurt or killed....
If you are so intent on taking pics then buy yourself a SLR and a good telephoto lens
\So that way you are FAR away and NOT interfering in ANY way...
With camera phones you have to be literally on their ass,
hence in the middle of whatever is going down..
SO folks use you brains
and quit whining....
Ya' all know what time it is....:wink:

Regards,
Crista

Status
Not open for further replies.