Man flying jet pack spotted at 3,000 feet near LAX

Status
Not open for further replies.

kny2xb

I wonder if he's descended from or related to the guy who strapped the balloons to his lawn chair back in the 70s

Last edited:

spacellamaman

I wonder if he's descended from or related to the guy who strapped the balloons to his lawn chair back in the 70s

well one thing is for sure, a guy in a jetpack has low odds to begin with,

BUT

a guy in a jetpack, at 3000 feet, 300yds from a passenger airliner, (presumably a big mamma-jamma whose wake turbulence will flip a Cessna like a penny flip) in LAX airspace, has virtually no chance of having any progeny.

Ubbe

Isn't jet packs extremly rare, no private person has one, and the ones that exists doesn't go up to 3000ft?
But I have seen baloons that looks like a guy sitting in a chair. I wonder if the pilots actually saw a jet stream below that guy and if it was a full size guy or a miniature on a drone or something. It seems too unlikely that it could have been an actual jet pack that they saw at that hight and so close to an airport.

/Ubbe

prcguy

A jet pack is pretty loud and there are no reports of anyone else seeing one or a takeoff or landing. There are a lot of high tech companies around LAX and SpaceX is not far away at the Hawthorne airport. If there was actually a jet pack I would bet its related to SpaceX and flew out of Hawthorne.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
They arent that rare anymore, you dont need a giant wing, mega size turbines and contraptions to stay airborne. I see these projects pop up on youtube every so often, just last week a youtube video rolled across recommended of a chap with turbines on his arms and one on his back landing and taking off from platforms

Ubbe

I watched a Youtube clip where a guy with a parachute wing had a propeller motor strapped on his back that said that in US anyone can strap on that gear and fly without any license or permits needed. He had been up to so high altitudes that he started to need an oxygen mask. That's crazy that no regulation are needed in USA or knowledge about flying in controlled airspace.

/Ubbe

techman210

Since those don't fly very far, and he was seen 10 miles East of LAX above a very dodgy area of town, perhaps he was relieved of his $150,000 craft by one or more of the locals upon landing.

Next weeks article: "Los Angeles street gang announces 'air superiority' with fly-by shooting capability"

Status
Not open for further replies.