Man made events and disasters ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE5TLF

The wiki has a page for natural events and disasters. Would a page for man made events and disasters be appropriate and/or desired?

The Deepwater Horizon disaster and resulting oil slick is of course foremost on my mind in bringing this up. With the weather (winds) changing around Thursday this could become real ugly real soon and potentially encompass numerous agencies across a plethora of communications channels.

Some information I have accumulated so far.

MSRC's IG licensed freqs. from the FCC DB. (they are also compulsory licensed for every maritime mode of course)
MSRC is flying 2 C130A's out of Stennis International on 9 missions a day laying down oil dispersant along with a King Air spotter plane.
USCG info of course. etc.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I don't see why not. The Natural Disasters page could be reallocated as just 'disasters' or similar, and that could be added under that. 73 Mike

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
You are welcome to create a Wiki article for the Deepwater Horizon incident. Please refer to the New Article Guidelines and the other Wiki help articles if you need information on how to create the article. I'll come along behind you to review the article and tweak any formatting or coding issues.

KE5TLF

Allrighty then :)

I threw together a rough draft in my user/sandbox area and I'll polish it up and proceed as suggested then.

My thinking as of now, if it's not a big deal, is to rename the current "natural events and disasters" page to "major events and disasters" and just keep on keeping on for the time being. Then in the future if that page becomes too ungainly then recreate it as a portal to other newly created pages for "natural" and "man made" or any other subcategories that arise. Or just do it that way now if you guys thinks that's best. :)

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I went ahead and renamed the category to "Major Events and Disasters". You can see the category here.

When you have your article ready, just encode it with the [[Category:Major Events and Disasters]] mark-up and the article will automatically appear on the category page.

Status
Not open for further replies.