Man what a deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

oracavon

I wouldn't necessarily call it a deal. Even though it is a nice vintage scanner I wouldn't pay $400 for it, and it definitely isn't worth $750.

I'm pretty sure the OP was being facetious. It can't be worth more than $100, and even that would probably be unrealistic.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Well, whether it's a "deal" or not depends. For someone like us who buys a scanner because it is a scanner, this is a ridiculous price to pay for a radio that when compared to today's models is a $750 paperweight.

For a custom car fabricator who has a client with lots of money and wants an EXACT replica of the car Burt Reynolds drove in Smokey and the Bandit however, this listing might save that person a lot of wasted time tracking down this exact scanner. I'm sure the person who put the auction up was hoping just such a person exists. Fat chance, but you never know.

I'd instead be calling up the shops that do this sort of thing - you see 'em on TV all the time - and just let them know that if anyone ever wants that exact scanner, I've got one I'd let go for the right price. Then I'd box it up, label it Smokey and the Bandit Scanner and put it on a shelf somewhere where I could find it later on - probably YEARS from now.

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.