Manatee County Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

k8fz

Hello All,

My family and I just relocated here to Manatee County from Michigan. Along with my day job I was also a Firefighter / EMT with my local on call FD for 14+ years. I thought it would be interesting to listen in on what is happening in Manatee County. From what I can see, it appears there is some dicussion about Manatee County switching to Provoice from their current analog system. Wonder if anyone has any updated information? I hate to purchase an analog scanner and have it become useless in the near future. Thanks in advance for all the information and insight.

sjlamb

Hello All,

My family and I just relocated here to Manatee County from Michigan. Along with my day job I was also a Firefighter / EMT with my local on call FD for 14+ years. I thought it would be interesting to listen in on what is happening in Manatee County. From what I can see, it appears there is some dicussion about Manatee County switching to Provoice from their current analog system. Wonder if anyone has any updated information? I hate to purchase an analog scanner and have it become useless in the near future. Thanks in advance for all the information and insight.

The "talk" has been going on for years now. When and if that actually ever happens is another matter. At this point, the future of Pro-Voice in Manatee County is anyone's guess. Regardless.... should it come about.... it has been consistently reported that only Law comms would be affected. Fire and EMS would remain in the clear.

JBuff27

Something you need to consider, Sarasota County just south of Manatee is Digital and requires like a Pro-96 or the GRE PSR-500 or such.

If you think you might want to also listen in on Sarasota you need to think about it a little more.

JBuff27

k8fz

Thanks Guys

Sounds like nothing is in "concrete" as of this point in time. I have been considering going digital knowing that Sarasota County is digital and Manatee County may go digital. Back in MI they are all digital, so when we head back north it would be nice to listen in on what is happening especially when you know the guys / gals that are on the trucks and in the cruisers.

Thanks for the information and insight.

gcr33

Go digital. It's worth spending extra money now. Manatee might go anywhere.

wb3dma

Listen to Manatee Co

I am also new to this site. If you send an email to cmii@msn.com with a valid reply to email, I will send you what I know. (I do not know what I can say on this site.)

Just had a 18yr old AOR quit and wanted to try the new technology. Also, there is a web site that lets you hear a bit (seems to only work with PC's).

Stan

radiomanNJ1

Please feel free to share. If you have info post it.

Feel free to post correct valid info. Personally I am against posting what you heard on a system because it encourages encryption.

I am also new to this site. If you send an email to cmii@msn.com with a valid reply to email, I will send you what I know. (I do not know what I can say on this site.)

Just had a 18yr old AOR quit and wanted to try the new technology. Also, there is a web site that lets you hear a bit (seems to only work with PC's).

Stan

Status
Not open for further replies.