Manatee County Public Primary Control Channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glitch82

I'm trying to find the exact primary control channel frequency for Manatee County Sheriff's Office operations or any police chatter. I'm using UniTrunker and an RTL2832U dongle and tuning to the listed frequency for West Bradenton at 854.73750 is not showing anything, even after fine calibration of the dongle and also viewing a waterfall in HDSDR. I'm able to pull in Sarasota County and other nearby towns but although the location of the transmitter for the West Bradenton primary control channel is about 2 miles from home I believe it's no longer correct.

Does anyone happen to know if the primary control channel was moved in the last few months or if there was a system switch?

Thanks!

KM4BGQ

glitch82

Today they are using slot 13 @ 857.6875. Hope this helps.
Ed

Ed,

Does the primary control channel move to other frequencies from time to time, and if so is it always limited to one of the frequencies listed as control channel frequencies?

KM4BGQ

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Every EDACS system I've ever monitored moves the control channel to any of the available channel slots at any given time (no predictable schedule).

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
Glitch 82, now 8/5 13:37 hours slot #2 855.9875. It does jump around.
Ed

glitch82

Thanks everyone! I finally got it. Armed with that knowledge that the control channel jumps around and it's only one of the 16 channels that the entire system uses, I simply plugged them into UniTrunker's signal receiver options in channel order until it populated. I was able to do this before, but what I didn't realize is I had to manually fill in the other 15 channels in their appropriate slots once the Site window popped up. Then I ran my Voice receiver, and boom. I tried to do this several times over the last few months but didn't know that the primary control channel listed in RadioReference was prone to change and I missed the part where I had to fill in the remainder of the system frequency channels.

I had UniTrunker download the site information from RR and locked out fire and other government services. The only thing left now that I'm trying to figure out is how to switch control channels dynamically to other sites without editing the channel number in the Signal receiver myself. Surely, if I go to another saved site in there and open up the list of system channels I can just click on one and have it automatically populate in the Signal options, correct?

KM4BGQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.