Manatee county sheriff dept

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DUTCHSCHULTZ74

As of yesterday at 10:00am hrs. All mso went provoice and emer # 8 group #6 is still the same and the other eoc still is the same. In the future bradenton police is in the works as well for the pro voice. You can thank the criminals for that.

scg

My question is: How many criminals have scanners? I would say few. Many criminals are drug addicts who spend all there resources on there addiction. I think that most LEO communications are going to fade away. This seemed to start after the 9/11 attacks and the radio vendors are pushing it to sell product. Just my two cents.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Exactly, these radio vendors have made public safety agencies paranoid about communication security and they are selling them encryption and wasting taxpayer dollars. Trunked systems have gotten so complicated that the average Joe, let a lone a criminal (which are dumb anyway considering they are criminals) wouldn't have any idea how to program a scanner, or the time.

I'm sure all across the country more and more people will be obtaining illegal radios and admins will be leaking programming information if the price is right because scanners don't suffice anymore. Can you blame them?

I have never been arrested or received a ticket, but I cringe at not being able to listen to law enforcement or fire rescue anymore. It's going to make news gathering more difficult (hindering my job), therefore, many things will go unnoticed and the public will be left in the dark because no one can be held accountable anymore. I understand SWAT incidents and patient information, but all channels encrypted? Regular dispatch? Unbelievable.

Honestly, I think guns are more of a threat then communications in the clear. But guns are here to stay because we'd have more of an outcry from the public. I think it's important for those who will be effected by encryption to make themselves heard, otherwise, this will get worse.

scg

MSO could hide any thing they wanted with the old analog system via computers, cell phones, nextells, etc. plus they already had some encrypted talk groups. They were told digital would solve there poor radio reception. If you look on there dispatched calls page, there is one complaint after another of radio problems with the new pro voice system. What a waste of tax payers money, as usual, but who do you complain to.

D

DUTCHSCHULTZ74

Do you Scg work for the County? Or are you a police chaser just wondering

D

DUTCHSCHULTZ74

Hello, Mr. French you are 100% right on that one. In fact i have over 20yrs in the EOC field. I can recall that in the State of N.J That you can't purchase any Police scanners in no Radio Shack's or any other Hobby centers for radios. The only way you can purchase a Police scanner in N.J. is by Have a written Letter with a letter head stating what Fire or Police Dept you work for or volunteer and having a Official ID card.

sjlamb

Hello, Mr. French you are 100% right on that one. In fact i have over 20yrs in the EOC field. I can recall that in the State of N.J That you can't purchase any Police scanners in no Radio Shack's or any other Hobby centers for radios. The only way you can purchase a Police scanner in N.J. is by Have a written Letter with a letter head stating what Fire or Police Dept you work for or volunteer and having a Official ID card.

Your EOC memory is pretty foggy. This is total BS. There is no such law or sales restriction ANYWHERE in NJ. The law you are describing only relates to USING a scanner in a motor vehicle in the State of NJ. Please do not post such nonsense so not as to confuse newcomers. Your claim is not even remotely true.

Now for the actual facts: index

D

DUTCHSCHULTZ74

Your EOC memory is pretty foggy. This is total BS. There is no such law or sales restriction ANYWHERE in NJ. The law you are describing only relates to USING a scanner in a motor vehicle in the State of NJ. Please do not post such nonsense so not as to confuse newcomers. Your claim is not even remotely true.

Now for the actual facts: index

How would you know are you a fire fighter or any other Eoc worker or you just one of those good old boy from florida that have nothing else to do is listen to your nascar scanner

D

DUTCHSCHULTZ74

How would you know are you a fire fighter or any other Eoc worker or you just one of those good old boy from florida that have nothing else to do is listen to your nascar scanner

sjlamb

I was born and raised in NJ, genius.... lived in Burlington County for more than 25 years.... and I have forgotten more about scanning than you'll ever know. You're obviously a classless moronic keyboard commando who has nothing better to do than post a bunch of baseless fiction.

Nobody responds to your nonsensical posts because they have recognized already that you're a troll and post just for the sake of posting... and with no interest in the actual facts. Leave the postings to others who actually have something positive to contribute or are interested in learning. Your brand of nonsense is not welcome here. You need to grow up.

ps... go back to school and get a third grade education. Your complete ignorance of grammer and punctuation make your posts painful to read and inconsiderate of other members who have to decipher them. And; all of the double postings make you look twice as dumb as you probably are in reality.

Last edited:
D

DUTCHSCHULTZ74

where ever a fire fighter so what i am new to this so what go lie in a hole

sjlamb

give me a break you fool a wasteless life

This is exactly what I mean..... Is this even english? Do you even read what you write?

I won't waste anymore forum bandwidth with you. I think everyone here understands what you are and how to deal with you. Only an idiot would attempt to dialogue with an idiot.

D

DUTCHSCHULTZ74

Mm i see that your one of those lakewood ranch rich boys born with a silver spoon in his mouth. did your mommy and daddy buy your house.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
I won't waste anymore forum bandwidth with you. I think everyone here understands what you are and how to deal with you. Only an idiot would attempt to dialogue with an idiot.

I've been gritting my teeth in my attempt to restrain myself. Steve, thanks for speaking out so others didn't have to. Bravo, sir. Bravo.

Mods, how about some moderation? Why does it always get this far without any intervention? Why do us lowly peons have to be the ones to speak out?

Last edited:

cja1987

Premium Subscriber
Honestly, I think guns are more of a threat then communications in the clear. But guns are here to stay because we'd have more of an outcry from the public. I think it's important for those who will be effected by encryption to make themselves heard, otherwise, this will get worse.

So we should take all guns away just like some are "taking scanning away" [encryption]? That is a dumb argument. Outlaw guns, criminals will still have them and law abiding citizens will loose out on a hobby and the ability to protect themselves from armed criminals. Same argument you are using for scanning, you would loose out on a hobby and the ability to "protect/inform" the public. What's your point with the guns?

Encrypt transmissions and at least you have a pretty good bet that nobody will hear them.

There is an inherit "threat" posed by people misusing scanners just like there is threat from guns being misused. It is undeniable. Want to rob a bank? It would be nice to know where and when most of the units are tied up on the other side of town. How do you find out that info? The DISPATCH channel!!! It is a simple argument that can not be denied. We argue in our hobby that the threat posed by misuse is small and we should keep comms open for the 95% of citizens with good intentions. All we can do is hope our argument suffices, it has where I live, some places are more draconian about it.

I'm not accusing you directly but the "news media" and "news media as the protectors/informers of the public" attitude is the reason I hear cited most by officers who favor encryption. Look at the states with the most encryption and they are also the ones with the most tabloid, BS TV news programs ie Florida. Watch the news in Florida and all you see is footage of this car accident, that stabbing, the other shooting, the chase, etc. Find some real news please, this crap happens all the time and its everywhere. I'm talking minor car accidents as lead stories. You guys wanna play the BS "we protect and inform the public" card, then just tell people to listen to scanners, cut out the middlemen who usually get it wrong to begin with or spin it to get ratings. Your goal is money not protecting people. Cover real news stories and the occasional bank robbery/SWAT call out heavily and use your scanning resources to do it but stop showing up at every stupid, minor routine scene to get pictures. You are not helping your cause there and it only pisses off the cops.

The cops get sick of media crawling up their a$$ all the time with their 25 scanners running and making dangerous scenes more dangerous. Unfortunate part is after they encrypt, they usually give a monitor only radio to the local tabloids so they have effectively ruined it for the rest of us but not themselves. Keep up the good work guys!

sjlamb

I've been gritting my teeth in my attempt to restrain myself. Steve, thanks for speaking out so others didn't have to. Bravo, sir. Bravo.

Mods, how about some moderation? Why does it always get this far without any intervention? Why do us lowly peons have to be the ones to speak out?

Not to worry, Bolt.... the membership has a good history of self-moderating and quickly identifying and weeding out the trolls, troublemakers and mentally disheveled. Fortunately, those types are few and far between.

Most members here are astute enough to have the basic math skills required to determined that this person who claims to "have over 20yrs in the EOC field" must have started his career at the age of 15. Not that the particular claim is particuarly impressive. What is noteworthy though is the obvious lie behind the claim. It's hard to imagine a "career" of 20 years that culminates with not be able to put two coherant sentences together. We've all seen this type come and go on the forum.... and most of the "going" is the direct result of members self-policing the ranks.

Last edited:

sjlamb

The arrival of Pro-Voice in Manatee County will ultimately not have any effect on criminal activity. It will only impact on how the criminally inclined monitor and respond to law enforcment activities.

Law Enforcement long ago accepted that criminal activity cannot be eliminated..... It can, however, be relocated. And that is the ultimate but unwritten goal of any LE agency. Pro-voice will very briefly throw some miscreants off of their game but.... it won't end the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.