Manatee / Sarasota Co. P25 (9DC.BEE00)

zlandmedia

not that florida man
I might add, I am within Pinellas County and I do listen to agency's within that are just fine.
That's probably a little too far away for the system especially with an SDS100 and a wide-band antenna. The only decent spot I've been able to get the Manasota system with an SDS100 in Pinellas is at Ft. DeSoto and the Sunshine Skyway Bridge rest area.

The system is simulcast, so it should be able to pick up all agencies anywhere in range. I know I've heard Bradenton PD from Yoder's in Sarasota the last time I was down there.

DtoroDesigns

That's probably a little too far away for the system especially with an SDS100 and a wide-band antenna. The only decent spot I've been able to get the Manasota system with an SDS100 in Pinellas is at Ft. DeSoto and the Sunshine Skyway Bridge rest area.

The system is simulcast, so it should be able to pick up all agencies anywhere in range. I know I've heard Bradenton PD from Yoder's in Sarasota the last time I was down there.
If I got a larger antenna would that solve the issue? or is there basically nothing I can do

zlandmedia

not that florida man
If I got a larger antenna would that solve the issue? or is there basically nothing I can do
Whereabouts in Pinellas are you located?

You could try a larger antenna (directional would be best), or at least a more narrow-banded one that focuses on 700/800 MHz. But just note that the system is mainly meant to only be used in the areas of service, and not outside. Hearing them outside of the service area is a bonus if you can.

zlandmedia

not that florida man
take the radio for a ride, legally of course.
Just an addendum in case they are not aware about Florida's scanner law (and what you mean by legally ;))

Reactions: wtp

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
I have the following service types enabled
Law Dispatch
Law Tac
Law Talk

I might add, I am within Pinellas County and I do listen to agency's within that are just fine.

I am outside of the Service area for Bradenton PD and no bars are shown
When I am locked / held on Bradenton Police Department I see the following
View attachment 135485View attachment 135486View attachment 135487
from what I can tell - you are not hearing the control channel - e.g., you are out of range. perhaps an external antenna will help (?)

byron

K4SIP
Premium Subscriber
Hearing some automated dispatching on the system for Fire callouts today, also on the 153.9500 VHF simulcast as well.

Byron

tlightne

Premium Subscriber
I have been hearing them on and off for a couple of weeks now. If they can't get physical bodies to sit in the seats they have to do something. It does sound strange but you can understand the dispatch..

CrewRest

Database Admin
This morning at 0600 Sarasota City Police and County Sheriff Dispatch implemented new call signs for Police and Sheriff's. I haven't figured out all of the changes yet but the format for Sarasota City Police went from 6xyy to xPyy, where P means Police the x was/is shift and yy was Patrol Zone not sure what the new ye's indicate. The sheriff is similar from 5xyy to xSyy. I'll post more as I start to decipher it.

CrewRest

Database Admin
Quick update. Longboat Key is xLyy. The x is the shift (1-4), or 7 is Traffic Units. School Board Police are B. I was told this was needed because the Sheriffs Office exceeded number of Radio Id's the old system could accommodate.

pcalandra

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed over the last few weeks that since the County Emergency Communcation Center has began using automatic CAD for dispatch, they also dispatch to the City of Bradenton using the CAD. Does anyone know if the County taken over the responsibility for dispatch from the City of Bradenton?

CrewRest

Database Admin
Quick update. Longboat Key is xLyy. The x is the shift (1-4), or 7 is Traffic Units. School Board Police are B. I was told this was needed because the Sheriffs Office exceeded number of Radio Id's the old system could accommodate.
Venice is xVyy