scsscanner

Premium Subscriber
Counties Macomb & Roscommon MI Sarasota County
PRO96COM results:

Sarasota County
Primary Control Channel 851.3875
Alternate Control Channel 851.7625
Alternate Control Channel 851.7875

ID Channel, this is the frequency where the system broadcasts the FCC Call Sign 853.6750
The FCC Call Sign is WREW803. WREW803 only has the Sarasota County Towers, Mobiles, etc
Yes this is different then what is shown in Radio Reference.
WREW803 License issued 01/03/2020 expires 12/19/2029

Manatee County Control Channel is 855.3875

TJMK

Premium Subscriber
I updated the data base on my HP1 this week and still not picking up the new Sarasota systems. I programmed my BC396 & BC996 and hearing new system just fine. Just curious if anyone else may be experiencing the same problem. I'm near the Venice / North Port line by River Rd. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

scsscanner

Premium Subscriber
South of River Rd here, as far as I can tell none of the towers in the south end of the county broadcast the control channel frequency 851.3875, this makes it difficult for the scanner to receive the voice channels. Maybe the system has a frequency we are not aware of in the south end or maybe a tower is off line.

I_am_Alpha1

I updated the data base on my HP1 this week and still not picking up the new Sarasota systems. I programmed my BC396 & BC996 and hearing new system just fine. Just curious if anyone else may be experiencing the same problem. I'm near the Venice / North Port line by River Rd. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Something is not programmed correctly. All three of your scanners (pretty much every scanner) have problems with simulcast, but you will receive something if programmed correctly. Don't listen to people that say things about I'm at such and such location and it works. With simulcast, location changes equals reception changes--even the house next door will/could be different.

There are a few things you can check. Check that the services are turned on. Try programming manually...find the system on the master list and right click, then click on append to favorite and edit. Easier than starting from scratch. If all else fails, post a copy of your programming for someone to check or take it to someone that knows what they are doing.

I_am_Alpha1

South of River Rd here, as far as I can tell none of the towers in the south end of the county broadcast the control channel frequency 851.3875, this makes it difficult for the scanner to receive the voice channels. Maybe the system has a frequency we are not aware of in the south end or maybe a tower is off line.

This is the second time you have posted incorrect information. You are confusing users and making it harder for them. Every tower broadcasts the control channel--system can't work without it. It is a simulcast system--every tower uses the same frequencies and will be on the same control channel. The information given to RR was correct and verified...but people that don't know what they are doing have sent in bad information and it's messing up everything.

Attached is the list from the system owner. The four control channels are listed on the top and have been verified. If you disagree, show your work.

Attachments

• Sarasota TG List.pdf
    114.4 KB · Views: 76

kaneto

This is the second time you have posted incorrect information. You are confusing users and making it harder for them. Every tower broadcasts the control channel--system can't work without it. It is a simulcast system--every tower uses the same frequencies and will be on the same control channel. The information given to RR was correct and verified...but people that don't know what they are doing have sent in bad information and it's messing up everything.

Attached is the list from the system owner. The four control channels are listed on the top and have been verified. If you disagree, show your work.
Hello, I live in Venice and never ahead of the curve to learning the systems and acronyms- the basics. Being new I apologize for having some trouble navigating to post a question in the appropriate topic/discussion. I have been using my Uniden BCD 436HP Handheld Scanner and have lost connection to monitoring frequencies in Sarasota and Charlotte Counties. This device as owners are aware, simply gives me the chance to enter my zip code and I'm good to go but at present I'm unable to listen at this time. With this device am I on hold as well for P25 to be updated? Any help is appreciated. I have updated the data base and firmware on Sentinel.

I_am_Alpha1

Hello, I live in Venice and never ahead of the curve to learning the systems and acronyms- the basics. Being new I apologize for having some trouble navigating to post a question in the appropriate topic/discussion. I have been using my Uniden BCD 436HP Handheld Scanner and have lost connection to monitoring frequencies in Sarasota and Charlotte Counties. This device as owners are aware, simply gives me the chance to enter my zip code and I'm good to go but at present I'm unable to listen at this time. With this device am I on hold as well for P25 to be updated? Any help is appreciated. I have updated the data base and firmware on Sentinel.

NO need to apologize what so ever. You read and tried...makes you the head of the class as most just want spoon fed the answer. You need to understand your equipment and you're trying...so sticker for you.

I_am_Alpha1

Try these files as a test. They are confirmed to function. Use your version of sentinal and click on file, then import from hpe file...of course you have to extract from the zip first. They could work as a starting point for configuring your equipment the way you like it.

Attachments

• 436_536.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 19
  • HP1.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 11

scsscanner

Premium Subscriber
We both agree the primary control channel has a frequency of 851.3875. The primary control channel broadcasts a variety of information that is used by the system itself and users of the system. The information below was captured by monitoring the control channel. Just to be clear monitoring the control channel is different than listening to talk groups.

Sarasota County
Primary Control Channel 851.3875
Alternate Control Channel 851.7625
Alternate Control Channel 851.7875

ID Channel, this is the frequency where the system broadcasts the FCC Call Sign, the frequency in this system is 853.6750 and the FCC Call Sign is WREW803.

FCC Callsign WREW803 (SARASOTA, COUNTY OF)

Licensee Name: SARASOTA, COUNTY OF
License: WREW803
FRN: 0004290326
Status: Active (Effective: 01/03/2020 - Expires: 12/19/2029)
County: SARASOTA
State: FL
Radio Service: YE: Public Safety/Spec Emerg and Public Safety Ntl Plan, 806-817/851
Notes: THE APPLICANT IS A COUNTY GOVERNMENT. THE COUNTY WILL USE THE LICENSED RADIO FREQUENCIES FOR COMMUNICATIONS TO RENDER PUBLIC SAFETY SERVICES.

# Tower ID Type Ant Height Struc Height Elevation Address
1 1298569 LTOWER 54.9 54.9 6.4 12TH STREET
2 1019025 LTOWER 88.4 93.9 7.9 4748 BENEVA RD
3 1001589 GTOWER 91.7 93.3 5.5 301 VENICE RD
4 1003602 GTOWER 73.2 75.6 5.5 721 CENTER ROAD FIRE STATION (002672)
5 1300941 LTOWER 76.2 77.1 3.1 1300 S. RIVER ROAD
6 1015215 LTOWER 87.2 93.3 7.3 6654 WEST PRICE BLVD
7 0.0 0.0 0.0
8 0.0 0.0 0.0

By the way thank you for the Talk Group List, it should prove to be a valuable reference, Thanks again.

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
I was in West Villages last week with my G5 mobile and had no trouble with 5 bars on Sarasota and 5 bars on Charlotte.

I_am_Alpha1

Will the new Uniden Homepatrol II. work for Manatee county digital system. I sold my EDACS trunking stuff.

It will work...about as well as others. Nothing special about that model. It is not new, two series behind. SDS series are the new models...YMMV. Some report great signals, other have issues (take into consideration along with all other information available to form your own informed decision). G5, as stated above, is a good model when dealing with simulcast, but pricey. The ultimate (and cheapest) would be the XTS5000--very difficult to program (normally have to pay someone a small fee) and you are limited to scanning 15 talkgroups at a time. Be careful with the XTS5000 as it's capable of transmitting and you will earn matching bracelets and have huge fines when caught, yes when not if. You can't just have anyone with the software play with it...very technical to program.

woodsoj

Do you load both files? If so is there an order to load them? I never imported by file. But the update I did this morning, i can only hear Manatee. It stops and shows single on Sarasota, but no audio.

videorov2

It will work...about as well as others. Nothing special about that model. It is not new, two series behind. SDS series are the new models...YMMV. Some report great signals, other have issues (take into consideration along with all other information available to form your own informed decision). G5, as stated above, is a good model when dealing with simulcast, but pricey. The ultimate (and cheapest) would be the XTS5000--very difficult to program (normally have to pay someone a small fee) and you are limited to scanning 15 talkgroups at a time. Be careful with the XTS5000 as it's capable of transmitting and you will earn matching bracelets and have huge fines when caught, yes when not if. You can't just have anyone with the software play with it...very technical to program.

Is there software that can make programming the XTS5000 easy that is sold? I have used software from a few companies in the past when I had a Radio Shack Digital desktop model, forgot the model number but it worked and I copied Sarasota years ago on Digital.
I might have to pick up another Radio Shack Digital desktop.

I_am_Alpha1

Do you load both files? If so is there an order to load them? I never imported by file. But the update I did this morning, i can only hear Manatee. It stops and shows single on Sarasota, but no audio.

They are model specific. HP1 for Homepatrol I. 436_536 is for the BCD436HP or BCD536HP. You only use ONE file. After loading, you have to select "local" favorite list--the only one that should be there. Then make sure you have the services checked...law dispatch, law tac, fire dispatch, fire tac, etc or you will hear nothing.

I_am_Alpha1

Is there software that can make programming the XTS5000 easy that is sold? I have used software from a few companies in the past when I had a Radio Shack Digital desktop model, forgot the model number but it worked and I copied Sarasota years ago on Digital.
I might have to pick up another Radio Shack Digital desktop.

No. Commercial software for commercial radios. Very difficult and not for the novice. G5 or one of the SDS models is your best route.

TJMK

Premium Subscriber
Something is not programmed correctly. All three of your scanners (pretty much every scanner) have problems with simulcast, but you will receive something if programmed correctly. Don't listen to people that say things about I'm at such and such location and it works. With simulcast, location changes equals reception changes--even the house next door will/could be different.

There are a few things you can check. Check that the services are turned on. Try programming manually...find the system on the master list and right click, then click on append to favorite and edit. Easier than starting from scratch. If all else fails, post a copy of your programming for someone to check or take it to someone that knows what they are doing.
You are correct in that it's not programmed correctly! I updated the data base HP1 again this morning and manually checked the frequencies and it's showing the old legacy system for Sarasota. Appears for some reason it may not be "writing" to the scanner when I update. I'll try updating as you suggest and see how that works. Very much appreciate your help!