Manatee / Sarasota Co. P25 (9DC.BEE00)

baceman

I listen daily, all day long. Was getting Sarasota County and Manatee County until yesterday. Then poof! Gone.

New to the SDS200. What do I need to do to get them back. Seems like a system switch from the old P25?

baceman

I use to have a Radio Shack Digital that picked up Sarasota with no problem but sold it some years back.
Might have to look for another digital one in the future. Im moving soon to Ft. Myers Pine Island Saint James City area and I see they are on the Broadcastify site. I used a Pro-107 for Manatee for years till they just switched to the P-25 will see how it works for them this time.
I HIGHLY recommend the Uniden SDS200. I've been a ham and scanner for more years than I would like to admit but out of the box, this thing worked. Scannermaster did a great job giving me all the local counties.

rturner

Premium Subscriber
11474 Bertolini Drive, Venice, FL 34292-4646
The Sarasota County "legacy radio system" is no longer being used as both Sarasota County and Manatee County are upgrading to a new P25, Phase I compliant system from the older Motorola Type II Smartzone system. The new system is up and running for the various agencies; the new programming data for scanners should be available in the near future. I use the Sentinel Software and the data currently on the database is still for the old system. The database is upgraded once weekly, usually on Monday.

scsscanner

Premium Subscriber
Counties Macomb & Roscommon MI Sarasota County
I have monitored several simulcast systems in different parts of the country, each system monitored utilized one frequency for the control channel and broadcast that frequency on all towers. So does anyone have any thoughts on why the 2 control frequencies can not be heard in the south end of Sarasota County (851.3875a and 851.6875c) Radio is a Whistler TRX-1 and I also programed the two control channel frequencies into a PRO-97 to see if I could here the typical control channel noise and I received nothing?

scsscanner

Premium Subscriber
The Manatee-Sarasota system in the south end of the county has a week control channel (851.6875c) signal In my area. The only towers that have this frequency seem to be in Sarasota City, Venice, Englewood and Northport do not have the control channel as one of their frequencies. Is there a different control frequency in use on the towers I mentioned? I find it hard to believe the control channel located in Sarasota city would be strong enough in the south end to penetrate buildings. Any thoughts?

n1riw

Premium Subscriber
This is a simulcast system 851.6875 is the control for all of sarasota as far as I know...though it could switch to another frequency...the noise (data stream) will sound different than old system...its possible a cell tower is desensing your reception. Try moving unit to different locations

scsscanner

Premium Subscriber
This is a simulcast system 851.6875 is the control for all of sarasota as far as I know...though it could switch to another frequency...the noise (data stream) will sound different than old system...its possible a cell tower is desensing your reception. Try moving unit to different locations
Tried 2 different radios, inside, outside, etc. The old system had a different control channel on each tower. When I get some time I will try all the frequencies for the north port tower to see if it has a different control channel.

n1riw

Premium Subscriber
There's only one set of frequencies for the county for the new system. It's not like the old where there were 6 or 7 sites across the counry...new technology

videorov2

I hope Manatee will be on the air soon. Im not buying another scanner. I have had many many over the years in ham radio and will just wait till its on like sarasota and lee county etc are. Its just a matter of time. Why should manatee be any different then the others.

wtp

right now the control for sarasota is 851.3875 and i hear them fine in charlotte county near peachland and orlando.
it is listed already as an alternate control channel.
i guess too far away for simulcast problems.

I_am_Alpha1

I hope Manatee will be on the air soon. Im not buying another scanner. I have had many many over the years in ham radio and will just wait till its on like sarasota and lee county etc are. Its just a matter of time. Why should manatee be any different then the others.

Manatee county is on the air and switched to the new system the end of Feb...before Sarasota county did. I'm hearing them fine way down south on Sarasota county towers.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
I think they meant a Manatee feed. I for one am enjoying unencrypted comms until people ruin it for everyone.

kaneto

The Sarasota County "legacy radio system" is no longer being used as both Sarasota County and Manatee County are upgrading to a new P25, Phase I compliant system from the older Motorola Type II Smartzone system. The new system is up and running for the various agencies; the new programming data for scanners should be available in the near future. I use the Sentinel Software and the data currently on the database is still for the old system. The database is upgraded once weekly, usually on Monday.
Hello, I live in Venice as well and new to learning the systems and acronyms- the basics. I have been using my Uniden BCD 436HP Handheld Scanner and have lost connection to monitoring frequencies in Sarasota and Charlotte Counties. This device simply gives me the chance to enter my zip code and I'm good to go but unable now to listen at this time. With this device and I on hold as well for P25 to be updated? Any help is appreciated.

kaneto

There's only one set of frequencies for the county for the new system. It's not like the old where there were 6 or 7 sites across the counry...new technology
Hello, I live in Venice as well and new to learning the systems and acronyms- the basics. I have been using my Uniden BCD 436HP Handheld Scanner and have lost connection to monitoring frequencies in Sarasota and Charlotte Counties. This device simply gives me the chance to enter my zip code and I'm good to go but unable now to listen at this time. With this device am I on hold as well for P25 to be updated? Any help is appreciated.

scsscanner

Premium Subscriber
RR shows the following:

Manatee and Sarasota
RR shows this as a “Simulcast” system

Manatee County 855.3875 Primary

Sarasota County 851.6875 Primary
851.3875 Alternate

Charlotte County is not a Motorola Radio System, it is a Harris System

I have not monitored this system yet

I_am_Alpha1

Hello, I live in Venice as well and new to learning the systems and acronyms- the basics. I have been using my Uniden BCD 436HP Handheld Scanner and have lost connection to monitoring frequencies in Sarasota and Charlotte Counties. This device simply gives me the chance to enter my zip code and I'm good to go but unable now to listen at this time. With this device am I on hold as well for P25 to be updated? Any help is appreciated.

You have to connect your 436 to a computer and run Uniden's Sentinel program and update the master database.

Reactions: wtp

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Has anyone taken the time to run PRO96COM, Unitrunker, or the Home Patrol ANALYZE function to determine all of the system control channel frequencies?