Manchester PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmn1tjd131

Feed Provider
Does anyone know if Manchester PD is Dispatching Encrypted on Channel #1. I hear units answering and calling into Dispatch but I never hear the Dispatchers. Would they run like that with only Dispatchers using encryption?

matt04

Premium Subscriber
Last I knew, Manchester PD 1 was always in the clear and PD 2 was encryption cpable if needed.

APX7500X2

Newtown used to have the dispatchers run encrypted and cars clear, it is possible, and a good way to keep the bad guys from hearing where the cars are being sent

lmn1tjd131

Feed Provider
Just found out today that Manchester PD 1 is indeed encrypted for the Dispatchers outbound transmissions, the portables and mobiles inbound are transmitting in the clear or can encrypt optionally. PD 2 & PD 3 are full time encrypted. Rumor is that they will transition to full time encryption at some point.

mkt853

Not surprised about the transition to full time encryption. In the coming years there will be very little law enforcement in the clear. Once the statewide system encrypts that'll pretty much be it.

bobmich52

Just found out today that Manchester PD 1 is indeed encrypted for the Dispatchers outbound transmissions, the portables and mobiles inbound are transmitting in the clear or can encrypt optionally. PD 2 & PD 3 are full time encrypted. Rumor is that they will transition to full time encryption at some point.

One knows about Ch 1 & 2

Was not aware of Ch 3, What frequency might it be ?

Yes I noticed the dispatch was going code 5, I put out a text to a town worker that would know, awaiting a answer

matt04

Premium Subscriber
Over the 3rd and 4th I head a mix of encrypted and clear transmissions from the dispatcher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LD723

No, but as has been mentioned in the CSERN thread, each troop will eventually have its own secure channel. They aren't adding those talk groups just for fun, so we shall see.
Ah that makes more sense but I HIGHLY doubt that all primary channels will encrypt though

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Most of Manchester's incidents end up being mutual involving south Windsor or east hartford anyway.

bobmich52

o_O
Find out anything about ch3?

Sorry it took so long 2 reply

I saw the guy personally & he just smiled & shrugged his shoulders, So that tells me that the powers 2 be want #3 2 b "Unknown"
;)o_O

I don't Have the time 2 just sit here & try 2 figure it out, Its just gonna b plain luck 2 catch it, Encrypted or not

That's the fun part of scanning

Still gonna try when I can

matt04

Premium Subscriber
Found this on scan new englands website.

453.9750 N430 Labeled channel 3 and detectives
According to the ULS it is WPRF406 and the contact info lists Manchester PD. Appears to be very low powered compared to the other two frequencies.

bobmich52

Interesting

Without my notes in front of me

That freq sounds like the 1 they used when they upgraded 2 digital & 460.125 was temp off air

Food 4 thought hmmm

Watch swpd & 2 a lesser thought Vernon pd freqs

Interop with both

Wholeo1955

Last I knew, Manchester PD 1 was always in the clear and PD 2 was encryption cpable if needed.
if you take a look at the frequency list one states part time encryption, & the other is FULL time, thus the message that I was provided by a scanner Company as of 12:00 pm 08/21/2019 thats what you ALL should know by reading the programming list at RadioReference.com !

Status
Not open for further replies.