Manchester visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanbob

I will be in the Manchester. Pine Mountain area for a couple of days and I know a lot of countys have went digital is this area, is the database right and is there any good freqs. I could use without having to program all? also is the railroad through Pine Mountain in use, if so what RR. and Freq? how many trains per day? I know there used to be a gob,wad thats country for a bunch through Manchester Thanks for any help in this area. Jerry (Scan Bob)

Julian1

Manchester

City of Manchester is in Meriwether County, GA.

No digital public safety nearby for now.

Pine Mtn is in Harris County, GA. Harris County agencies share the trunked system
that belongs to City of Columbus-Muscogee County Consolidated Govt. Look at Muscogee County System for Harris County talk groups. Tower on top of Pine Mountain.

Troup County, GA has Lagrange who uses analog trunked 800.

Meriwether, Troup, Coweta, Heard counties are all conventional vhf.

The RR-Database and ScanAtlanta.com will have all the info you'll need.

Travel safe and have a great trip!
Julian

Julian1

Manchester trip

Viewing your previous posts I see you are from Birmingham area.

The only digital outside of Bham will be the l-a-r-g-e area system used by Calhoun and Talladega Counties. The RR database has all the info on them.

Cleburne and Clay Counties... I listen to them on conventional vhf as also Randolph and Chambers Counties.

Be careful on hwy 431.....

Julian

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
When you get to Manchester, Main Street at Hwy 27 is where the gazebo is so you can watch the trains! It's right behind the stores. It's been a few years since I was there, but you just have to plug in about 3 of the CSX channels and you are home free!

How many trains? More than you can imagine! On a normal day, you will probably see 50-75! No kidding! I just about wore out my scanner & digital camera there the day I was there!

Status
Not open for further replies.