Manhasset VFD dispatch coming over nypd sod

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCRADIO

has anyone one else heard them? for the last few days anytime manhasset vol. fd tones out jobs it comes over nypd special operations division the dispatcher and units in the field clearly hear them. and all the nypd dispatcher does is log a time in and notify radio repair

auxscan

It might be the jammer thats been jamming police, fire, ems, ham, & GMRS for the last couple of months. I dont think its really being broadcast on SOD but being re-broadcast by a jammer. hope they catch the idiot doing this.

captmfa7112

Premium Subscriber
Actually all the times I have heard it, its been East Islip Fire District's dispatch apparently bleeding over. I know Radio Repair is aware of it, not sure how long or if they will be able to correct it.

jb853

Premium Subscriber
NY City SOD/East Islip FD

East Islip Fire District is properly licensed on the same frequency as NYPD SOD. If you are monitoring using a scanner without a CTCSS programmed in, you will be able to hear both stations depending on your location. Even if you have the CTCSS entered and your radio is "opened up" for the agency you want to hear, you will be able to hear other traffic that is on simultaneously.

NYCRADIO

no has nothing to do with the scanner at all. it bleeds threw and the nypd dispatcher and the units in the field hear them coming over the division

auxscan

East Islip Fire District is properly licensed on the same frequency as NYPD SOD. If you are monitoring using a scanner without a CTCSS programmed in, you will be able to hear both stations depending on your location. Even if you have the CTCSS entered and your radio is "opened up" for the agency you want to hear, you will be able to hear other traffic that is on simultaneously.

They dont operate on the same frequency, SOD is on 470MHz & east islip fire is on 472MHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.