Manhunt for Eric Frein

Status
Not open for further replies.

frazpo

Any feeds broadcasting this manhunt? Its been a month now and although on his trail they still have not caught him. Despite what he did, that's pretty impressive. Wonder how long this will last. Survivalists like him want a good run. I guess he is getting it. Anyone know if they have him in a perimeter?

frazpo

Most of the radio traffic is encrypted or on the OPENSKY.

I see. I am not from that area. I was just curious if anyone had monitored anything. They probably hope he gives up. Doubt he will go down alive or without a gun fight.

Voyager

I see. I am not from that area. I was just curious if anyone had monitored anything. They probably hope he gives up. Doubt he will go down alive or without a gun fight.

Caught earlier today.

Done deal.

cm

I was watching World News Tonight and one of the State Police spokesperson said he believed Frein had a police radio with him. They also interviewed a young girl and she was demonstrating how to listen to police scanners on her phone. I seen on database where PSP was unmonitorable with a scanner, and you would think that if anyone that would have been broadcasting a live feed would have the common sense to take down the feed due to the sensitive nature of this situation. If this is the case, another black eye for scanner listeners.

Evgeni

PA State Police mainly use Open Sky which is a digital propietary cellular system, but in a mountainous place like the Poconos they might have to use the regular VHF.

Not to mention they are pretty much the onlyones that use Open Sky, the local cops, feds, ambulance and fire don't use it, so they would have to use the VHF to talk to the State Police

Feds more likely than not would use a digital or scrambled system to talk to themselves.

mike4164

Premium Subscriber
The Feds and EMA have access to the Open sky system and have their own radios for the system. PEMA has open sky radios that they can issue when needed to the appropriate agencies. As for the fire and ems they didn't need open sky radios as they were at the command posts and if they were needed to be sent somewhere they were told face to face and worked off of cell phones to communicate with the PSP and command posts.

PA State Police mainly use Open Sky which is a digital propietary cellular system, but in a mountainous place like the Poconos they might have to use the regular VHF.

Not to mention they are pretty much the onlyones that use Open Sky, the local cops, feds, ambulance and fire don't use it, so they would have to use the VHF to talk to the State Police

Feds more likely than not would use a digital or scrambled system to talk to themselves.

Mike
Retired FDNY/EMS HAZ-TAC
Blooming Grove TWP. PA. EMA Coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.