Manhunt in Manchester!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
For the past two hours there has been a manhunt in Manchester. Someone dissapeard from a group home not half a mile from me. They have the state PD helicopter flying around with it's searchlight lighiting up my backyard and my parents backyard who live in the next subdivision over. They have a bunch of cars racing around the area, ATVs, state PD bloodhounds, and the chopper. Pretty cool! I have all of the lights out, scanners turned on, and my 200 lumen surefire in my back pocket ready to spot any movement I see in the treeline. Of course the doors downstairs are locked but I have the screens open upstairs.

Anyone know the frequency for trooper 1? The state PD aviation unit? I feel like i'm missing out on some good comms. They do have a volunteer unit out too that finds lost hikers on the mountain in town. This is a very fairly suburban part of manchester (well, what isnt?) but an area with a light industrial area, orchards, small farms, twisting subdivisions, schoolyards, parks, and generally a lot of places to hide out. It is so quiet in my neighborhood normally. All I can hear is the "thwap thwap thwap thwap" of the CSP helicopter. Can't believe it doesnt need to go get some more fuel! I did hear one of the MPD officers radio the chopper and they said they had another hour and a half left before they have to turn back. Pretty impressive!

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
w00t! Major Score! WHACKPACK TO THE RESCUE!

Okay, the MPD just broadcast that they were to let a few "ham radio guys" in to help the search. The police told the command center that they would be "unmistakeably identifiable" :lol::lol: And then something about "lots of green lights":lol::lol::lol: I dont know if it is RACES, ARES, CAP, Fire Police, NAMBLA, or ZANU-PF, but they are not broadcasting enough for me to pick up on spectrum sweeper, or that it is because my priority folder keeps lighting up.

F'ING COOL! I hope the hams find the guy. The whackers need a win for once.:)

Last edited:

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know the frequency for trooper 1? The state PD aviation unit? I feel like i'm missing out on some good comms.

You need a digital scanner to hear them. They are on the State Police's Digital System.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=832

They have the ability to appear on any channel on their system and on pretty much any police dept's radio system. They are usualy found talking to HQ which is out of Middletown.

Manny

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
w00t! Major Score! WHACKPACK TO THE RESCUE!

Okay, the MPD just broadcast that they were to let a few "ham radio guys" in to help the search. The police told the command center that they would be "unmistakeably identifiable" :lol::lol: And then something about "lots of green lights":lol::lol::lol: I dont know if it is RACES, ARES, CAP, Fire Police, NAMBLA, or ZANU-PF, but they are not broadcasting enough for me to pick up on spectrum sweeper, or that it is because my priority folder keeps lighting up.

F'ING COOL! I hope the hams find the guy. The whackers need a win for once.:)

hope those aren't green lights. those are for vol. ems

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
You need a digital scanner to hear them. They are on the State Police's Digital System.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=832

They have the ability to appear on any channel on their system and on pretty much any police dept's radio system. They are usualy found talking to HQ which is out of Middletown.

Manny

They were not on Manchester's freq. But they were communicating somehow. Manchester is regular old vanilla VHF analog. You would think that it would be easier to have the helicopter meet the requirements of the different departments, not the other way around.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Dan;
Trooper 1 has the ability to communicate with almost every depatment in the state. They will usualy be dispatched via the CSP digital system from HQ. Then they will receive the particulars regarding the agency they will be dealing with. (Freq.,pl/dpl ect..) Sometimes, both entities will use CSPERN.

Manny

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Also adding to Manny's post, sometimes Trooper I will use the statewide hotline (45.86) to talk with an agency. When I dispatched for CSP there were a few times that once of the CSP channels was hot-linked to 46.86 and the other municipalities involved linked up to 45.86 at their dispatch center so everyone could hear each other. Usually its easier for Trooper I to dial into a PD's radio system like LifeStart does with fire and EMS agencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.