Manitoulin Island First Nations Police - UCCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

unlisted

Got it. When you say West end/lighthouse of the island, you mean Meldrum Bay and that Area (Silver Water Tower)??

More or less- here is a map link between the bay and the lighthouse I am describing:

Meldrum Bay, ON to Mississagi Rd - Google Maps

If you will be in Meldrum Bay, you may want to try monitoring Algoma County, Ontario (ON) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference and Sudbury County, Ontario (ON) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference since it will be literally across the lake from ya. Hopefully the scanner gods will be smiling upon you. :)

rc1990

More or less- here is a map link between the bay and the lighthouse I am describing:

Meldrum Bay, ON to Mississagi Rd - Google Maps

If you will be in Meldrum Bay, you may want to try monitoring Algoma County, Ontario (ON) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference and Sudbury County, Ontario (ON) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference since it will be literally across the lake from ya. Hopefully the scanner gods will be smiling upon you. :)

Awesome. Thanks a lot man.

I learned from a meterology course I took last year at university that it's verry rare for place arround lakes (especialy the Great Lake of Ontario, the sea and the ocean) to have a clear sky (no clouds) durring hot temperatures. If it's hot, there'll be a ton of clouds in the sky because the sun's heat causes some water particles to evaporate and when they reach a layer of the atmosphere where the temperature is cold enough, they transform into gases (witch are the clouds that we see from earth).

Like you said « Hopefully the scanner gods will be smiling upon you [me] »

rc1990

Again, it all depends on where you are on that island. My handheld scanner picked up tonnes of "skip" when I was on an edge of the island.. (made a point to visit the 4 points of the island) but when I was dead center on the island at my families residence up there, I didn't hear anything other than local chatter.

If your on the west end/lighthouse area, punch in Chippewa, Presque Isle, maybe even Alpena. Signals tend to travel over the water.. Heck on the south part of the island I was able to hear Dyers Bay Fleetnet tower on a clear night. It really depends where you go on the island.. Oh and boat/shipping frequencies are busy as well.

As it turns out, I'll be staying at a Bed and Breakfest in Providance Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.