Manitowoc County P25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

izz

All I hear on this system is the Sheriff, County Fire and County Highway. Will there ever be any other users?

Kursch1672

Premium Subscriber
The system is very new. In time, I believe others will be added. There was rumors floating around that we could potentially share the system with Sheboygan County.

triryche

Premium Subscriber
I honestly don't understand the purpose of this system either. It probably doesn't have enough frequencies to handle the entire county. The Sheriff and Highway are the only true full time users of the system. The fire stuff is all VHF patches from a new analog repeater system they set up with new radios and from what I was told they only have portables on 800. The city PD's are still on VHF. Almost seems like they did it to get the grant money. It's been up for close to 3 years so I'd hardly call it "new" any more.. Just my 2 cents

otrebla

There was rumors floating around that we could potentially share the system with Sheboygan County.

Where are these rumors coming from?

There has never been any mention of a shared radio system.

In the last few weeks Sheboygan County announced it will begin accepting bids this coming summer on a $13 million P25 800 MHz trunking system. Implementation is expected to begin in the spring of 2015 and be completed by fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.