Manitowoc

Status
Not open for further replies.

cday119

Premium Subscriber
The city of Manitowoc police department has changed the ir system. Now all the old scanners do not work. I don't know much about scanners. There are rumors that the new system is encrypted. Is there a way to find out? Is that common now? Or could it be that they just switched to a trunked system that is on a higher frequency.

Thank you

otrebla

I haven't listened to the MCTRS since last fall, but at that time Manitowoc PD Dispatch was encrypted. More info on the Manitowoc County Trunked Radio System can be found in the database.

idontknow82

Does anyone know how to program a trunking scanner as I have a radioshack pro-163, the directions are really lacking in the manual as well as online. Can anyone confirm if all the trunking talk groups are encrypted or just the police?
Just to add I am in the manitowoc county area to be able to check what is open or not.

shadcall

Does anyone know how to program a trunking scanner as I have a radioshack pro-163, the directions are really lacking in the manual as well as online. Can anyone confirm if all the trunking talk groups are encrypted or just the police?
Just to add I am in the manitowoc county area to be able to check what is open or not.

Your scanner cannot decode P25 digital signals which is what is used by Manitowoc County. It appears that only one talk group is encrypted but it doesn't matter since your scanner will not work for the county. You can still pick up other things however such as air, marine, business, railroad etc.

idontknow82

Your scanner cannot decode P25 digital signals which is what is used by Manitowoc County. It appears that only one talk group is encrypted but it doesn't matter since your scanner will not work for the county. You can still pick up other things however such as air, marine, business, railroad etc.

That is really disappointing. Thanks for letting me know. Time to chuck it out.

Kursch1672

Premium Subscriber
Update on P25 Scanners

I stopped in HRO in Milwaukee yesterday. Haven't been in there since in was AES. I talked to Rick. He stated that the new Uniden 536HP would decrypt Manitowoc's P25 system. I'm not sure if he was just trying to sell a scanner or there is any truth to this.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I stopped in HRO in Milwaukee yesterday. Haven't been in there since in was AES. I talked to Rick. He stated that the new Uniden 536HP would decrypt Manitowoc's P25 system. I'm not sure if he was just trying to sell a scanner or there is any truth to this.

No scanner can decrypt an encrypted talk group

shadcall

Hopefully he used the wrong word when he said decrypt and meant that it could decode the P25 system, that is you would be able to listen to the City/County talkgroups with the exception of the encrypted ones (those marked DE in the mode column). If it has just a D in the mode column you would be able to listen to them on a 536HP or any other scanner capable of decoding P25 signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.