mankato patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin0608

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if mankato patrol dispatch shuts down at midnight. I have heard them say they are going 10-7 and ask the cars to aknowlege and at 6am they are going 10-8 I have heard this a few times now. If they are shutting down who is handleing the radio traffic for the cars on duty?

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
The eventual plan is for them to shut down the Mankato and Marshall Districts Communication Centers and consolidate to Rochester, so perhaps, they are using MSP Rochester. The only other thing i can think of is that they would use the PSAP of the county they are in. Troopers can do the vast majority of their work via mobile data terminals and MSP's CAD system is a universal for all troopers statewide.

If they are using MSP Rochester, they would remain on their local dispatch talkgroup and instead of MSP Marshall talking to them, it would be MSP Rochester on the MSP Marshall talkgroup.

As of last Friday 10/28/11, the dispatch center for Mankato Patrol closes between 2200 hours and 0600 hours. Phone calls to the Mankato number are automatically forwarded to Rochester Patrol. Rochester Patrol dispatched Mankato District Troopers via the Mankato Patrol Talkgroup. As a listener, you shouldn't really notice too much diffference other than some new voices and new Radio ID's off Rochester's consoles.

As a side note, this will become a 24 hour/day reallity come the 2nd week in December, the Mankato Patrol Dispatch will cease to operate.

Status
Not open for further replies.