Manual addition to scan list for NASCAR freqs'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddsbstrb

I am a rather new owner of a Whistler 1080 and want to try using it at Kentucky Speedway next week for some NASCAR race scanning. I have been scanning races for many years, using an older Uniden SC230. At most tracks, there are always a couple of vendors who, for a small fee, will put the weekend program of racing (Cup, Xfinity, Trucks, ARCA) into the SC230. I had heard last year, some vendors are coming to an end of offering programs for the SC230. This will probably be the last year for it.

Looking forward and trying to use my new 1080 at the track, anybody use a 1080 at the NASCAR track? I know I can get a very up-to-date list of drivers, car numbers, & freqs' from a race site like Jayski, for the three, big NASCAR series. They, along with the TV/Radio/NASCAR officials are using just regular 400 UHF-FM for radio comm's.

Is it possible to create my own database on a MS Office spreadsheet and load it onto the scanner through the Whistler Software I am using for updates, with my USB cable?

Could you walk me through with the proper steps, if this is possible to do. The manual has a big learning-curve for me!

Thanks so much for you help.

SCPD

QRT
You can import from clipboard, or text / csv file. Text is probably easiest.

Just copy and paste from the website listed .. into your text file. You will likely have to insert the commas manually .. as that is not done automatically.

It would look like this in your text file after inserting commas .. (The commas are needed to separate the AlphaTag and Frequency Data).

Kasey Kahne, 468.2125
Trevor Bayne, 466.2750
Alex Bowman, 461.6625
Sam Hornish Jr., 456.8500
Danica Patrick, 466.9625

What I would do is select the AlphaTag and Frequency Data fields, the rest you can massage in the EZScan software itself.

Import from the text file option in the EZScan software (in the Conventional Frequencies Tab at the bottom). Just put a comma between your columns to separate them. That is all that is needed.

Press IMPORT when you are ready. That will allow you to import the data into a scanlist as needed. You can edit the scanlist and other items within the EZScan software after that as needed.

Last edited:

Swipesy

Simple procedure.

1. Copy the frequencies, alpha tags and other info you want to an Excel spread sheet.
2. Format the information (especially Alpha Tag to be no more than 16 characters.
3. Either (A) copy Excel data (right mouse click) and go to EZScan, Conventional Tab, click in Lower right hand corner "Import From ClipBoard and click above each column heading picking the correct column heading, i.e. Alpha, Freq, etc. and import data. You can finish formating then in EZscan or (B) save Excel spreadsheet as a CSV file, close the spreadsheet, go to EZScan Conventional Tab, click in Lower right hand corner on "Import Text File and do same as (A).

Works pretty easy.

ddsbstrb

I started my database using Car Number, Driver, Frequency. Almost all of the Cup Drivers will have anywhere from one to four frequencies listed for their car, with two being the most common. Should I list the driver, twice on my Excel spreadsheet:

1, Jamie McMurray, 466.6875
1, Jamie McMurray, 457.6000

or will this work:
1, Jamie McMurray, 466,6875, 457,6000

I have been over into EZScan and found Conventional Tab and the Import button.I just wanted to make sure I had my data in the correct format, before trying to load it into EZScan.

I really appreciate your answers and the assistance!

SCPD

QRT
I started my database using Car Number, Driver, Frequency. Almost all of the Cup Drivers will have anywhere from one to four frequencies listed for their car, with two being the most common. Should I list the driver, twice on my Excel spreadsheet:

1, Jamie McMurray, 466.6875
1, Jamie McMurray, 457.6000

or will this work:
1, Jamie McMurray, 466,6875, 457,6000

I have been over into EZScan and found Conventional Tab and the Import button.I just wanted to make sure I had my data in the correct format, before trying to load it into EZScan.

I really appreciate your answers and the assistance!

You have to have 2 separate listings .. as in the top version. The only thing .. is that you cannot have the car number like that. It will not work.

You need to make it like this .. 42 Danica Patrick, 463.6875 and 42 Danica Patrick, 463.5875

Just be aware that you only have 16 characters for the 'AlphaTag' part .. and then of course the 'Frequency' part which what you have is fine.

That may be your biggest challenge .. trying to decide what you want to include. It would depend probably on how important the car number is to you and if you want to include it in the AlphaTag field.

Status
Not open for further replies.