Manual Programing - GRE PSR 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

strange_bru

While not new nto scanning by any stretch this PSR has me baffled - somehow I managed to get some trunking scanning done and it is in essence working. Is there a simpler manual or programing guide as opossed to the factory manual? I have the scancontrol software but it doesn't want to communicate with the radio and vice versa -

Thanks for any offered solutions.

P.S. my scanning expertise is limited to Uniden/Radio shack but also goes back to crystal and the first generation programables..

Highpockets

While not new nto scanning by any stretch this PSR has me baffled - somehow I managed to get some trunking scanning done and it is in essence working. Is there a simpler manual or programing guide as opossed to the factory manual? I have the scancontrol software but it doesn't want to communicate with the radio and vice versa -

Thanks for any offered solutions.

P.S. my scanning expertise is limited to Uniden/Radio shack but also goes back to crystal and the first generation programables..

Try this software, 30 day free trial, and if you get really lost, I have a file I can send to you that will get you started, you can use it, add, delete, or
edit it to make it your own.

Win500: PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-106, PRO-197 Scanner Software for Data Management, Monitoring, and Control

strange_bru

Thanks Highpockets

I will look into it first thing in the AM - meds kicking in and I'm fighting to keep my eyes open - Will let you know how I make out - Greatly appreciate the assist - Thanks

Highpockets

I will look into it first thing in the AM - meds kicking in and I'm fighting to keep my eyes open - Will let you know how I make out - Greatly appreciate the assist - Thanks

If you like win500 and you become a Premium Subcriber of RadioReference you can import Freq's and systems from RR into win500 (with programming cable) and upload them to your scanner. If you decide in the future to do so, here is a guide to help with that:

WIN500 - UtahRadio

strange_bru

Thanks

Hi Steve - Thanks for the additional info, I'm seriously considering the Premium Membership BTW Welcome Home (based on your label) - Having a rough time with downloading Win 500 can't figure which zip file I should open as I'm getting errors on all of the exe files - If you can advise I would greatly appreciate it. Also the data cable that you reference in your reply - is that a seperate cable or the one that came with the radio ?

P.S. I voulunteer at the Memorial at exit 116

BW

Highpockets

Hi Steve - Thanks for the additional info, I'm seriously considering the Premium Membership BTW Welcome Home (based on your label) - Having a rough time with downloading Win 500 can't figure which zip file I should open as I'm getting errors on all of the exe files - If you can advise I would greatly appreciate it. Also the data cable that you reference in your reply - is that a seperate cable or the one that came with the radio ?

P.S. I voulunteer at the Memorial at exit 116

BW

Create a directory on your computer, call it win500, copy the zip file into that directory, unzip it and you should be able to run it then. The cable is the one that came with the scanner.

strange_bru

That's where I guess I'm getting confused - There are 3 exe files: Win 500 client exe; win 500 com exe; and Win 500 exe Safe assumption that it is the Winn 500 exe ?

Highpockets

That's where I guess I'm getting confused - There are 3 exe files: Win 500 client exe; win 500 com exe; and Win 500 exe Safe assumption that it is the Winn 500 exe ?

Correct!

If you want you can call me and I'll help you anyway I can, I'll send you a PM (Private Message) with my phone number!

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Steve and I have this 'kicking in' problem also. ;)
BTW, ScanControl auto finds the scanner with the cable hooked up and scanner turned on. If unsuccessful the scanner cable drivers are not set correcty.

Premium subscription is not required for ScanControl but its 'Data Grabber' feature isn't nearly as good as Win500/w/subscription. Steve will get you going. Win500 is also much easier to edit.

Highpockets

Steve and I have this 'kicking in' problem also. ;)
BTW, ScanControl auto finds the scanner with the cable hooked up and scanner turned on. If unsuccessful the scanner cable drivers are not set correcty.

Premium subscription is not required for ScanControl but its 'Data Grabber' feature isn't nearly as good as Win500/w/subscription. Steve will get you going. Win500 is also much easier to edit.

Another happy camper Frank!

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Win500 auto-finds the cable itself - it doesn't even have to be connected to a scanner :cool:
<sigh> Only wish ScanControl had your method. Have a couple of Pro-2052's which ScanControl is the best software. Also had a 785D which ScanControl also worked well. But to run all three Uniden made and 3 GRE made scanners at same time required 6 installations of the program. Thankfully yours requires one installation for the 3 GRE made. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.