Manual Programming of EDACS SCAT - RS PRO-197

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuslog209

Premium Subscriber
Scanner Colleagues,

I live in Miami-Dade County, Florida, and am trying to manually program a local police jurisdiction, located six miles away. The RR database indicates it is an EDACS SCAT system, analog, and has one control frequency provided. I manually programmed the TGRP, and TSYS, using EDACTS STD as the type of system, because there is no option for EDACS SCAT in the RS PRO-197.

After finishing the programming, I disabled all other scan lists to isolate this TGRP. In scanning mode, the screen indicates trunked communications are being received, and five bars are displayed. On occasion, the scanner will stop on this TSYS briefly, but no sound is heard.

I used the manual function for this particular frequency, and used the "analyze" function. It shows a decode of 95 to 99%; CO1; S:11; hSa. The sound heard is similar to quick pounding on a steel drum.

The scanner seems to be receiving a strong signal, and decoding it properly, but no voice is heard. Did I program it incorrectly, or is the signal encrypted? I welcome your suggestions and advice. Thank you.

Tuslog209

Status
Not open for further replies.