Manual programming - Pro 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

NS9710

I am wondering how do I program the Radio Shack Pro-106 by hand instead of having to use ARC-500 for the programming as my financial situation is unable to afford me the full version of the software. I did not see any information on this mentioned in the manual or online.

Skull13

Premium Subscriber
I just got mine and could use some advice on programming it also. Radio shack would but more than one county in it so i'm lost.

dougjgray

MY fingers would be sore typing out step by step instructions but the manual does have good information and the wiki here might help and there is a link in the wiki for an easier to understand manual check it out. or better yet do like I did I got win500 its free to try for 30 days get it programmed and when I could afford it I bought it

kayi4cle

Premium Subscriber

Skull13

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

Thanks for the advice.But I tried to program a new Freq in it last night and now i get a Heap Error when i hit any button when its scanning. So its on its way back to radio shack to get reprogramed.I think I'm just too stupid to own this thing.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Actually programming conventional frequencies are even easier in last sentence of above link.

Programming Conventional Objects start with PGM (F1) New then (F2) Conv. But insure they are mapped to a scanlist using the * star key with the list.
For P25 use down button to Sq Mode then change to P25 with right button.

If NAC number is known, change P25 NAC on next line from (Search) using right button again to the known NAC. Save out when finished

Last edited:
I just got mine and could use some advice on programming it also. Radio shack would but more than one county in it so i'm lost.

I thought I would post this to maybe give people who just got their new Pro-106 and don't have the software how to do at least some generic programming. I am no expert,but here is an example that might help I came up with. It's not perfect. This is based off P25. Remember to put your control frequencies of the area/state you live in. This is just kind of guide to get some started it may help it may not. The best thing though is to get the software. Make sure you put in your own talkgroup for your area you want to hear. Sorry for the long post.

Step 1) Press the Program Button Step 2) Press F1/New Button Step 3 ) Press F1/TGRP button Step 5 ) Pick a bank 1-22 By pressing the right or left arrow key. Press the SEL button so that there is an * asterick in front. Step 6) Press the down arrow key to the TSYS: It should say new. Step 7) Press the SEL button. Next Press the right arrow key until it comes to P25Auto. Step 8) Press the down arrow key so it is on TAG: Press the SEL Button. Now you can put in Detroit FD or whatever you want. I'm hoping you know how to put the letters in. But I will help. Press the #3 and DEF will come, Since D is the firstletter you would press #1, Next Press #3 again and you will see DEF of course. Now if you want to make the letters small just press the FUNC key and to make them big again hit FUNC again. As you can see E is second letter so you would press #2 key I think you get idea now. After that Press the F1/Done key.
Step 9) Press the down arrow key to Frequencies: Press the select button. Now we are going
to put in the control frequency 868.72500c If want you put in the alternate control channels you can.867.07500a, 868.53750a,868.93750a Dont worry about the c or a thats just telling what they are. Now Press the F1/Save Button. Step 10 ) Press the down arrow key to Multi Site. You can keep it as is or put it to roam. Either way, both work. Roam kinda like when cell phone is roaming is looking for signal. Keep Tables as Default. I'm not familiar with custom tables so I just leave it alone. Once again Press the F1/Save button. Just reminder make sure you have the same bank you picked to store your talkgroups and that asterick * is in front.
Step 11) Press the down arrow key to ID: Press the select button. Now you will see wildcard with the cursor blinking. Now we are going to put a talkgroup in. Put in 8252. Now move the cursor all way to the end. Next Press the CL button until the letters are gone don't erase the the numbers. Next Press the F1/Done button. Step 12) Press the down arrow key to TAG:ID: Now press the SEL button. Now you will put in what is typically display on the motorola radio DFDFS9 if you want. To put numbers in all you do is press the #1 key and you will see a set of numbers. To get rid of the rest of the letters just press the decimal button until you clear the unnecessary letters. Once again Press the F1/Done key.
Step 12) Optional- If want use the down arrow key until you get to LED Color: By pressing the left or right arrow key you will see different led lights. I myself use the light blue for my local pd. Green for state patrol, Red for FD's of course, Yellow for the Sheriff, Dark blue for other Pd's, Pink for EMS and light purple for misc..... Now that you picked color if did, Once again Press the F1/Save button.
Step 13) Repeat the process for the next TGRP. Press F1/TGRP again. Make sure you program your next TGRP into the same bank you did for the first and that little * asterick is in front of that bank you picked. Again press the down arrow key to the ID: Press the SEL button and put the next talk group you want in there. 8253, Move the cursor all the way to the end and press the CL button until the letters are gone and Once again Press F1/Done button. Press the down arrow key to TAG:ID: Press the SEL button and put in DFDFSX, and of course Press the decimal button to clear all the unnecessary letters until gone. Press the F1/Done button. Then again if you want Press the down arrow key to Led Color and pick one and Press the F1/Save button.

kilowa22

I am wondering how do I program the Radio Shack Pro-106 by hand instead of having to use ARC-500 for the programming as my financial situation is unable to afford me the full version of the software. I did not see any information on this mentioned in the manual or online.

At the bottom of this page I have outlined how to program a four channel MOT type II rebanded trunked system in the PRO-106.

Rebanding of Motorola EDACS & LTR 866-869 MHz Oregon Trunked Radio Systems

You can use TGID save and Lockout to monitor only TG's you are interested in instead of programming in all TGID's by key pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.