Manually adding new TG's

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuntEnvy

With the sentinel, EZScan, freescan software, where you can manually add new TG/ID's, does this work the same way as entering a conventional frequency? Or do the corresponding units actually have to "discover" them on their own first?

Did any of that make sense...? ;)

captclint

Mentor
With the sentinel, EZScan, freescan software, where you can manually add new TG/ID's, does this work the same way as entering a conventional frequency? Or do the corresponding units actually have to "discover" them on their own first?
Yes, you add them like you would a conventional. In Freescan, click on the GRP under the trunking system in the left plane. Then just type away adding the Alpha(display), and then the TGID. If you don't know the function, you can enter something like "FD1 unk, FD2 unk.

AuntEnvy

Well that's good news!

Thanks cap'n
That is definitely going to make things a little easier.

Too bad it took me this long to realize it. :(

Does the ARC or Psredit have this option? I didn't see it, or don't know where/how to find it.

Thanks again, I appreciate it

captclint

Mentor
Hmm, I don't see a red group anywhere.
See manual page 16 sect 2.3.1 Look at the image. There is a trunk system, site, and Red Group. For some reason, they do not show the trunk group screen. Anyway, Select File, Add, New Trunk system. This creates what you see in the image...a red group, site, and trunk system.

Edit. I assume you have a 996XT, or 396XT, and ARCXT

Last edited:

AuntEnvy

See manual page 16 sect 2.3.1 Look at the image. There is a trunk system, site, and Red Group. For some reason, they do not show the trunk group screen. Anyway, Select File, Add, New Trunk system. This creates what you see in the image...a red group, site, and trunk system.

Edit. I assume you have a 996XT, or 396XT, and ARCXT

Yes, I have both units but I should've told you I'm running the ARC500 for my PRO197, which I assume makes a difference. ;)

Sorry about that.

captclint

Mentor
Yes, I have both units but I should've told you I'm running the ARC500 for my PRO197, which I assume makes a difference. ;).
A big difference:wink:. I suggest look in the manual for the TGID page. Hopefully, ARC500 will actually have one :evil:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.