Manually changing PL's

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgstegall

I've found multiple channels with the wrong PL's. How do I make those changes on my 436HP either manually or through Sentinel.

sfd119

In the Favorites list or the Database?

If it's the Database, you'll need to submit the updated PL to the RR site and wait for an update, or copy the channel to Favorites and make the changes there.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You can do it either way. Sentinel is easier if you have numerous changes to make, presuming you have these in a Favorites List. Just edit the Favorites List, navigate to the channels and make the change in the Audio Option column.

From the keypad, there are several steps. Menu>Manage Favorites>Select the Favorite>Review/Edit System>Scroll to the System>Edit Department>Scroll to the Department>Edit Channel>Scroll to the Channel>Set Audio Type>Analog Only>Set CTCSS>Select the correct PL Tone (which is CTCSS). Did I mention using Sentinel is easier?

If you are only scanning them from the main database, then you can't do much about that. Either build a Favorites List.

Submitting the change would be most appreciated and a good contribution to the hobby.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
For scanning, it doesn't matter. You can set it to Search and the scanner will still play the audio and display whatever tone/DCS is being transmitted. THe only time that setting is relevant is if you're using the data to program a repeater into a transmitter channel.

AC2OY

If you do it in the software you can change them all at one time no?! Rather then going through each system or channel from the keypad.

KC5AJP

Premium Subscriber
I've found multiple channels with the wrong PL's. How do I make those changes on my 436HP either manually or through Sentinel.
Another reason I like programming my own stuff. I don't trust the "database" I don't have time to send every little change 15 times a day. I also have some sensitive frequencies and information that does not need to be put in the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.