manually inputting freq?pro 96

Status
Not open for further replies.

ushomes

i have a pro 96 and when i manually input a freq it doest search it when im scanning theres only 10 i want to put in ,do i have to erase the ones the guy who had it before me has it ? it wont overwrite them and if so how to i delete 1 at a time as i dont want to delete them all i like some of them.i think i m inputting right i hit man then bank and channel then man again then type in freq then hit enter then hit prgrm

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
Programming - simple

ushomes said:
i have a pro 96 and when i manually input a freq it doest search it when im scanning theres only 10 i want to put in ,do i have to erase the ones the guy who had it before me has it ? it wont overwrite them and if so how to i delete 1 at a time as i dont want to delete them all i like some of them.i think i m inputting right i hit man then bank and channel then man again then type in freq then hit enter then hit prgrm

Use Manual to step to the channel you want to put the new freq in. That makes it very, very clear what's happening.
You could also use Manual- ### to go to the specific channel number you want to put it in.

Then hit PROGRAM and then put in the numbers and then ENTER to save the freq.
(program is missing from your sequence)

You only have to overwrite the old channels if there aren't any blank ones.
It's not clear that you know how to tell if the radio is scanning those channels or not.

I strongly recommend you obtain and read the manual. Read it slowly and carefully and try the steps to do stuff. Don't read it like a novel.

It would be helpful if you wrote your questions in standard English. Textlish is a great deal harder to read for those of us who can answer your questions. (I tend to skip over postings constructed like yours because they are too difficult to decrypt.)

Status
Not open for further replies.