Manually programming a trunked system into 996p2

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin256

Can someone walk me thru how I manually program a trunked system into a 996p2

Thank much

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Go with Freescan, ProScan or ARCXT. Programming a scanner, particularly a trunked system is difficult and there are so many potentials for error.

You will see all kinds of YouTube videos on how to program conventional systems, but no one has tackled a trunked system because they are so problematic.

If you absolutely have to hand program, the manual gives step by step instructions. Uniden Support - Downloads and Manuals See page 35.

how I manually program a trunked system into a 996p2
Use FreeScan. It's easy!

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
its a lot easier to program a scanner with software rather than by hand unless your a glutten for punishment like some people are.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
No one answered his actual question though, he may not have a computer or not comfortable doing it.

Look at this video. Its the 396xt portable.
Where adds the control frequency, you'll also besides that need to add the frequency that's the alternate - in blue with the little 'a' that is used wherever you are located.
Where he says to add quickkey 1 for the group, not necessary imho I never use group quickkeys.

Programs the same way. Differences - Push the actual MENU button on the front and where he's turning the knob, you turn the silver knob-

Conventional

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.