manually selecting ids on a pro-92

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8IAA

User programmable for the way you want it. Not for the way the software engineers in Japan think we want it. Expediency and profit drive the manufacturers, not common sense. There are those of use who remember the Checker series of automobiles, you could get parts off of a 10 year old car that fit your vehicle. My point is, that radios do not have to be redesigned every 2-3 years. Larry
My point actually is: In this era of expensive, throw away electronics, we don't always have a choice. Manufacturers have duped us into thinking that we need the latest, greatest whizbang toy. (including scanners and ham radios) I used to be sucked into this mind set. Not anymore. I use older radios for specific monitoring. How many of you have gotten rid of a radio, and then thought, geeze my Pro-XXX or Uniden BC-XXXX could do that. Rethink what you want to monitor and how you want to do that. Then get the radio that best suits your requirements. Or, wait till one comes out that will.
Larry

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Edit: then I read post 17 by gmclam

I appreciate that bwhite. Do you know of anybody with a good deal on a bcd396? It's almost time to go digital. The 245xlt and the pro-92 are great, but not rebandable.
V1 92 should work with rebanded systems.

Edit: See title. wink:

Last edited:

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
I don't have it in front of me but I believe on the 2055 once you are in the bank you want, PGM followed by TRUNK, then pushes of the arrow keys will roll you thru the TGs. I don't think this is documented but a knowledgable RR poster filled me in on this.
Yes, it should be in the manual and Yes, there should be keys that do this directly.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Pro-2055 = Pro-97

I don't have it in front of me but I believe on the 2055 once you are in the bank you want, PGM followed by TRUNK, then pushes of the arrow keys will roll you thru the TGs. I don't think this is documented but a knowledgable RR poster filled me in on this.
Yes, it should be in the manual and Yes, there should be keys that do this directly.
The PRO-2055 is the base version of the PRO-97. Just follow my directions above and it will allow you to select a TG ID.

EDIT: I just checked this operation on my PRO-92 to make sure it was not some sort of undocumented feature. Once I navigated to a TG ID, when I pressed FUNC TRUNK it just beeped at me. So if there is a means to do it on a PRO-92, the approach used on the PRO-97/2055 is not the same.

Last edited:

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Not so much english teachers, scanner enthusiasts that want to help but also want to feel like the poster has exerted a little effort too such as formulating their question in a meaninful manner. Your last post in this thread came across just fine.

Here, here.

Status
Not open for further replies.